Tips and Tricks-Surveyor

I got the link from you and i have been using it, and thay are god.

I was sent to the tutorial referenced below and it has become my bible. I didn't know track had direction. Download & read it. It's clear and concise. Written in people language not techie stuff.

Tom
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a tutorial for those new to the TRS2004/2006 Surveyor module. It deals with many aspects of getting your new route off to a good start. It covers such things as:

Working with track and switches
Making your turnouts look nice
Controlling train speed through a switch
An introduction to signalling
Working with signals
Installing bridges
An introduction to portals
Case studies in AI train operations

We'll go into considerable detail on these issues, and most of the tutorials are now available as downloadable .pdf files you can print out at home.

You can find the tutorial here: http://trains.0catch.com/tutorial.html

We'll go into considerable detail on these issues, and most of the tutorials are now available as downloadable .pdf files you can print out at home.

You can find the tutorial here: http://trains.0catch.com/tutorial.html
Definitely a must read for all route builders.

Has anyone had the situation described in the middle of this page http://trains.0catch.com/CasesStudies-2.htm
The Full Mesa Valley Configuration, where it shows a crossover before a spur. On the facing mainline there is a direction mark to prevent trains that cross over to go to the spur from taking the wrong mainline track.

I have several of those situations and yet, there are times when AI trains seem to ignore the direction mark and use that track anyway.

As best as I can figure it, a direction mark introduces a high but not infinite value in the path equation to discourage the selection of a specific piece of track. However, if all other alternatives are blocked, even temporarily by other trains, then the path with the direction mark might become available for selection. By the time the blocking train gets out of the way, it is too late and you end up with a train on the wrong side of a double track line.

Seems the AI have no patience and don't wait long enough for a route to be available.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this?

Loading/Unloading Consists

Problem: Every car, even the locomotives want to stop and load/unload, even if that car is not set to take on a commodity at that industry. Does anyone know a way to limit the wait for only the cars to be loaded instead of the whole train stopping and starting throughout the complete consist?

well i havent seen this thread i created in a while! i wondered where it went!
i have no clue about your problem. there might be a rule for it. but i dont think there is.
and i still want this thread a sticky please Mods!!!!

Where it went!

well i havent seen this thread i created in a while! i wondered where it went! ... quote]
I just made a thread about fixin problems of today with my question and I got two dumb replys from the moderators about the sugg boxcar. even I told em I cannot post there, they seen to think I am not registered! (How I can post anywhere if i'm not, DU!). I told em to cut the BS and they cut my thread, guess that means they could not answer my question. Bet that is what happened to your thread too! Ever see the movie "Dumb or dummer?

Horse with no name.

Here's a good one for the tricks- I just found out that you can use a driver more than one time if you just change thier name. I set names of drivers to the name of the train to see train locations when on the big map, by accident I have the same driver on two trains, but it's a workin!

File Organization

I need advise. In my folder for Auran, there are files directly under it, then I have the same files in another folder inside the first folder (TRS04 files). why are there two places for these and can I delete or move all those outside of the TRS04 folder to be just there once?

Here's a good one for the tricks- I just found out that you can use a driver more than one time if you just change thier name. I set names of drivers to the name of the train to see train locations when on the big map, by accident I have the same driver on two trains, but it's a workin!
All drivers have split personallities, they can be in more than one place at the same time.

No need to rename them. It might just get confusing if you have many drivers all with the same name in the same area. By the way, when a portal creates trains, the same driver get assigned to the same train every time.

I need advise. In my folder for Auran, there are files directly under it, then I have the same files in another folder inside the first folder (TRS04 files). why are there two places for these and can I delete or move all those outside of the TRS04 folder to be just there once?

ok heres what you do. in the Auran file (C:\Program Files\Auran) there if you have both TRS2004 and TRS2006 installed you should see 2 folder one 2006 one 2004. all i can see is that you want to transfer files from 2004 to 2006 right thats possibe but i dont know how its done.

Folder in a folder

ok heres what you do. in the Auran file (C:\Program Files\Auran) there if you have both TRS2004 and TRS2006 installed you should see 2 folder one 2006 one 2004. all i can see is that you want to transfer files from 2004 to 2006 right thats possibe but i dont know how its done.
No, I only have 04. I have a folder for Auran, then in that folder is a folder for TSR2004 with all the files I have from program and downloads. I do not understand whay there are two sets of the same files for program?

Yes, the folder TRS2004 is supposed to be in a folder called Auran. Are you saying that the files in TRS2004 are also directly in the Auran folder? Did you perhaps install Trainz twice?

Yes, the folder TRS2004 is supposed to be in a folder called Auran. Are you saying that the files in TRS2004 are also directly in the Auran folder? Did you perhaps install Trainz twice?
Yes that is what I am sayin but I did not install twice, I did upgraded to pack 4 though (build 404) !

I did upgraded to pack 4 though (build 404) !

Build 404? time for a new reinstall. Here is what Auran download page for service packs says. Service Pack 4 for Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 is a recommended service pack update for Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 and Trainz Railway Simulator. It will patch TRS2004 and TRS to Version 2.4 Build 2365 and above.

all i can see is that you want to transfer files from 2004 to 2006 right thats possibe but i dont know how its done.

I don't have 2006 but what I've read on this forum about getting 2004 d/l items into 2006 is to start CMP then import the 2004 downloads. Just point to the ../auran/trs2004/world/downloads folder and let it have at it.

My mistake

Build 404? time for a new reinstall. Here is what Auran download page for service packs says. Service Pack 4 for Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 is a recommended service pack update for Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 and Trainz Railway Simulator. It will patch TRS2004 and TRS to Version 2.4 Build 2365 and above.
Sorry, that is what I meant, Build 2.4

Missing assets

I read somewhere about deleting missing cuids, but I can't find it. Can someone tell me how are if this will remove the "missing assets" page when I open session?

If you delete the missing kuids from the config file for the route it will get rid of the black screen message. This is because when the route is loaded, TRS will only attempt to load the kuids that are listed in the route's config file. If you remove the missing kuids from the config, TRS will no longer look for them.

hmmm...

Well, I dont know if I could give out the secret on how to make these awesome switches...then EVERYONE would have them...
untitled2.jpg

trainz2007-01-0721-31-47-20.jpg

if I see 5 people wanting to know, I will make a video on how to make 'em.

~Sfrr

Back