Tips and Tricks-Surveyor

Pardon

The hedges were to do with MY TIP, of which i have seen on from you, except on earlier pages.

Please start a new thread, or PM the author of the Adapter

Tip #2: use "town blocks" (an example can be found by shoves) for covering largeish areas of housing shops etc. A quick and low poly way to make towns :)

Thanks,
Gangsta_Boi
now I see what you talk about, but I want reality as possible, Tip@1: Slines do not show in distance and slow the cache! As for contacting, I did 2 days ago with no reply! Tip #2: Be carefull of too much grass, I think this is what dump my Blue Mountain RR senario.

I try to set a vehicle as drivable, but it not work! Any help with what I did wrong?

kuid <kuid:213782:1959>
light 1
region "North America "
type "Vehicle"
name "Willys Pickup"
asset-filename "Willys Pickup"
kuid-table
kuid:213782:1959
bogey <KUID:-10:149>
interior <KUID:-10:172>
fonts 1
engine 1
mass 20000
enginespec <kuid:-1:42004215>
..."
Engine spec has to be set up for a loco. This one is the default for a railcar and produces no power so it won't move on it's own except to roll down hill.

Also when you get it running the mass at 20000kgs (48100 lbs) is a bit much for an old willys pickup.

Kuid-table should have braces enclosing it value(s) like this:
kuid-table {
kuid:213782:1959 }
though for this case the only entry is it's own kuid which isn't necessary.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Second Try

Engine spec has to be set up for a loco. This one is the default for a railcar and produces no power so it won't move on it's own except to roll down hill.

Also when you get it running the mass at 20000kgs (48100 lbs) is a bit much for an old willys pickup.

Kuid-table should have braces enclosing it value(s) like this:
kuid-table {
kuid:213782:1959 }
though for this case the only entry is it's own kuid which isn't necessary.

Bob Pearson
I try again, any tips why it not show? Content manger tell me there is no tag for catigory-regon_0 !

kuid <kuid:213782:29079>
light 1
category-class "AC"
category-region-0 "CH"
type "custom"
enginespec <kuid:50567:42004250>
enginesound <kuid:50567:52111>
hornsound <kuid:50567:54018>
name "Willys"
asset-filename "american_connections"
kuid-table { KUID:67261_29079}
obsolete-table
kuid <kuid:50567:71794>
mesh "K_104_int_lhd.im"
{camera 0.645,-2.791,2.738,6.208,-0.36
cameralist {
camera0 0.645,-2.791,2.738,6.208,-0.36
camera1 -0.661,-2.686,2.612,13.367,-0.069
camera2 0.646,-1.61,3.36,17.822,-0.454
camera3 -0.089,-1.192,2.465,12.583,0.049
camera4 -0.52,-1.332,3.482,12.841,-0.401}
cameradefault 0
attachment {}
mesh-table {
default {
mesh "vehiclez_body/superadaptor5m.IM"
auto-create 1
effects {
vehicle {
kind "attachment"
default-mesh <kuid:67261:29079>
att "a.attach_000_road"}
trainz-build 1.3
category-region-0 "CH"
category-era-0 1950
category-class "VL"
username "Willys"
bogey <kuid:-10:149>
interior <kuid: 50567:71794>
fonts 1
engine 1
mass 10000
author "american_connections"
organisation "american_connections"
contact-email "monkeywrenchranch@yahoo.com"
contact-website "http://www.geocities.com/monkeywrenchranch"
license "Reskin of DLS Assets "
kind "locomotive"

Why (as in why) is this (as in this - see below) in two (as in not one, but two) forums? As in this one and also in Questions.

I try again, any tips why it not show? Content manger tell me there is no tag for catigory-regon_0 !
..."
Kent this thread isn't really the right place to discuss this problem. Why not start a new thread in the Content Creation forum and repost your config there. There are numerous problems with it. You'll get more help over there.

Bob Pearson

High five to Bob!

Kent this thread isn't really the right place to discuss this problem. Why not start a new thread in the Content Creation forum and repost your config there. There are numerous problems with it. You'll get more help over there.

Bob Pearson
Thanks for your kindness, I will go there with this and finish with this thread, it seems all people do here is complain anyway, even they BS alot here! I hope I see you over there, and I do post in my "Questions" too. Adio to this cacat place! :wave:

Agreed! I for one have learned several things out of this thread and would like it to stay as a tips and tricks thread. I found that if you have a problem, it's best to post it into the "questions" thread, or start your own. Just describe your problem, be patient and humble, and 7/10 your problem will be solved! :D

Let's keep this thread tips and tricks please :)

Wish I had a few of my own to add...if I find some I'll let you all know! ^^

Gisa ^^

Another tip here:

To create nice gradients, lay the track first, set the spline heights then click on the "smooth spline height" button to snap the ground right up to the track! This works with curves and turnouts too, beautiful cuttings and embankments at no fuss at all!

Hope this helped.

Nicholas. =D

Another tip here:

To create nice gradients, lay the track first, set the spline heights then click on the "smooth spline height" button to snap the ground right up to the track! This works with curves and turnouts too, beautiful cuttings and embankments at no fuss at all!

Hope this helped.

Nicholas. =D

hi, you could just use the set gradient tool, the one just above the set spline height tool

Gav

Oh yes, the gradients that sometimes result when using the gradient tool is very.....erratical. Does anyone have tips on how to use the tool properly? Perhaps I'm trying to pull a door that opens inwards?

How do you even get the gradient to work properley?
I only end up with a flat peice of track on either end, no matter what I do.

Example:
First spline:
Level with bow

Second spline:
Desired gradient

Third spline:
Level with bow

The undo bug seems to be fixed in Trainz Classics. I've used it for an infinite variety of things and I have yet to see it crash. :)

In 06 however, prepare to see lots of access violations if you use it as said in a previous post. :hehe:

Oh yes, the gradients that sometimes result when using the gradient tool is very.....erratical. Does anyone have tips on how to use the tool properly? Perhaps I'm trying to pull a door that opens inwards?

See this thread.

the secret to getting the 'apply gradient' tool to work is to have NOT used the 'apply height' tool to any spline point on the grade. 'Apply Height' APPEARS to over-ride 'apply grade' even if used before applying the gradient...

Andy :)

Back