What is a User ID?

FlyingScottmond

Rural Haul layout-1%
What is a user Id? I am not talking about a username. I was on content manager and I had to fill in a box labeled User ID next to my username and above the FCT purchase box.

If you select the 'Profile' menu option at the top of the form and then under the left hand navigation Trainz section select 'Your User ID' you will see your user ID. It is a unique ID to identify a users content as belonging to them.

Just one other piece of useless information.

The first series of numbers in a kuid is your unique user ID.

The term kuid is derived from -

Kool User I D

Cheers

Someone can use my ID?

I cannot unload anything. Always it appears that I am coming out in the Donwload Station. He says to me that: The maximum number of connections to our download server has been reached. Sory for my Englishman, is very bad.Thank you for his help...

I cannot unload anything. Always it appears that I am coming out in the Donwload Station. He says to me that: The maximum number of connections to our download server has been reached. Sory for my Englishman, is very bad.Thank you for his help...

You are not alone, brother ... I have a FCT ... and I can't download.

I don't know when this company is going to get things straightened out with the broken DLS, that denies access to everyone that does not have 09/10.

They are so concerned about keeping unregistered person off the DLS ... that they are outright denying access to paying 04/06 FCT ticket holders.

Last edited:
The last time that I downloaded from the DLS a couple days ago, I had no problems.

The likely source of your problem is CMP, so how about you break-up with CMP and go and give a big hug to the good old TRS2004 DLS website. :p

Use the Download Cart in your Planet Auran profile to create your grocery--err, I mean, content list, then hit "Download All". ;) :p :hehe:

Regards.

Well ... Whoop Dee Doo for you ... it's so comforting to know that evrything is going absolutely great for you ... but that still doesn't fix the multitude of problems that tons of people are having with the DLS. 04/06/09/10

When 10 tons of "partly cloudy" gets dumped on your doorstep ... I'll be the one saying: It's naase and brait sonshiney weeather up here ... we got no dorn snow:cool:

CMP in TRS2006 is well known for having bugs, so there is no reason for me to think that it is not CMP that is causing your problems when we both use unsupported versions and have an FCT.

In TRS2004, the Download Helper was its own program (instead of built-in to Content Manager, like later on). I do wonder how well the old TRS2004 Download Helper would work for TRS2006 and later users who are getting heartburn because of DLS problems. It does has a feature where you get to select the version of Trainz that you want to install content to, so I do not know.

The Download Helper version in TRS2004 SP4 is a little different from the earlier one that was formerly for download from the TRS2004 website for UTC and TRS2004 SP2 users. The Internet Archive Wayback Machine might have a copy of the installer saved in their archive of the TRS2004 website.

Regards.

Well if the CMP is known for repetitive problems ... How come the CMP worked just fine from 2007, all the way up until 2010, and just before Christmas when they did all their high falootin' server upgrades and unsupport of 04/06, that is the exact moment all hell broke loose .... I think Auran fixed something that wasn't broken for years ... and now that they messed with it ... its all messed up.

To quote from the Trainz Life-Cycle Policy page on the Trainz Wiki (http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php5/Trainz_Life-Cycle_Policy):

Q: Can I still access the Download Station from within Trainz, Trainz Helper, or Content Manager after the end-of-support date?
A: Access to our servers from an unsupported product is not guaranteed, regardless of your level of Download Station access. You may need to download the content separately and then manually move it into the unsupported Trainz installation.
Thus, the TRS2004 Download Station website might be your only option.

Regards.

.... but that still doesn't fix the multitude of problems that tons of people are having with the DLS. 04/06/09/10...:cool:
Don't know what those "tons" are doing but for many others, CM in TS2010 works just fine in selecting an object from the DLS, downloading and installing it. No fuss, no muss. Successfully tested while typing. :)

The way I see it, the fact that it does work would suggest that the problem is at the users end. :wave:

Back