Well, here's a good one for you techies

Cactushead

I never did get an answer to why the Download Helper and Paint Shed downloads are missing, but I did discover that SP2 is still available, and I remembered that the Download helper said if I had SP2 installed, I didn't need the Download helper update. So, I downloaded and installed SP2, and by golly, it worked. Or did it? I spent several hours getting a few of my downloads back that I had on my fried computer, went in to TRS 2004 to check on them, and they ain't there! They're listed in the pick list, in Trainz Objects, and even in the world/dispatcher/downloads folder. Just not in the game itself. Whyzat? I'm running a computer I designed and had built for me, and it's running Windows XP Pro with service pack 3. Could that be the problem. (And here I thot I was back in the game!:'( ) (And yes, I have more than enuff memory and a Western Digital 1 teribyte hard drive) I would shore appreciate a solution to this delimma. Dano

Are the missing items 'Paint Shed Reskins' ?
If so, do you have Paint Shed installed ?
If so, have you made & saved a reskin of one of the supplied templates ?

No, they're not reskins. I don't have paint shed installed because that download is missing from the download site. (not download station, the other download page.) What's missing is everything I downloaded from DLS. As I mentioned, they show up in the locomotive pick list in Surveyor, but no picture. They also are listed in Trainz Objects which says there are no missing dependencies, and also in the world/dispatcher/downloads folder, but not in the Surveyor list. I mean, surveyor locomotives popout says they're there, but no picture and no locomotive when I click on a piece of track to load it. Naturally, this is getting a little frustrating as I designed this computer with Trainz in mind, and now its not working as far as getting downloads. Here's another thought. Could my copy be to old (668) to work anymore?
Dano

Paintshed reskins downloaded from the DLS still require Paintshed to be installed on your computer in order to work - something to do with the templates it uses.

I guess I'm lucky in that my version of 04 came with Paintshed bundled with it so the've always worked for me.

As for where to get Paintshed, by doing a search back through the forums, I found this thread on the subject: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=59012&highlight=paintshed which apparently includes a download link to Paintshed (hosted on a third party site, not Auran, so I have no idea if it's legitimate or not).

Hi Cactushead - This may be a stupid question, but why have you not installed SP4? It is a much improved version and you get dynamic passengers as well. Or did you mean you downgraded to SP2?

Trevor

Hi, trevv999. I was not aware that there was an SP4. No, I didn't downgrade. I have an old copy of Trainz 2004 which needed the download helper upgrade which is now missing from the site. I did, however, find the SP4 download, but it recommends that I delete and reinstall 04, so Im going to do that now. I'll let you know if that helps.
Dano. Ps, I do remember that when I installed SP2, the new number didn't seem right, and when I was reading about SP4, it mentioned upgrading to a number and above, and I smacked myself in the head. That's the number I remember, so here goes.

Download helper

Hi Cactushead - Hope you didn't hurt your hand on the prickles:D

I have never had much luck with download helper, it connects and rattles for a while then says: "Nothing to download - Idle"

I use the FTP button and I have seen other posts where users do the same.
It does make things a bit slow when D/L'ing dependencies for a big route, but I haven't done much of that either.

There are lots of rules and driver commands for 2004, select one of the catagories and leave the description blank to see all of them.

Good luck

Trevor

Back