TOTR stand - AMRA exhibition - 21st to 22nd of August

S301

Zec, the owner of ZecRail
Hi All

Once again, we will have a Trainz On the Road stand at the AMRA (Australian Model Railway Association) exhibition at Caufield racecourse on the 21st and 22nd of August.

There will by myself, with TS2010 (showing various custom items) and my HO scale layout (to, somewhat, display a RailDriver running a DCC layout, although it seems to not want to give throttle control in JMRI - functions do at least work which is a start!), and Ian (speic) running Trainz on his computer as well.

We will, of course, have various editions of Trainz for sale (not sure which editions, as Ian is organising the stall).

As per last year, I hope to have the RailDriver also setup at various times to allow young (and old) to have a go at driving various locomotives in Trainz (in particular the Healesville line with various Victorian Railways diesels).

For those with an interest in Victorian Railways locomotives, feel free to bring a USB drive around. I'll have a few 'beta' versions of items that I'll pass around for people to play with (not sure which ones, will be a surprise!).

Also on display should be an HO scale wagon that I've been doing 3D artwork for, so as to rapid prototype the model (which is then cast off). I'll have both renders of the 3D artwork, and the HO scale model available to show just what can be done (and the limits of) rapid prototyping :) It's an unreal feeling to draw a wagon on the computer, and then a few days later to hold it in your hand...

I do highly recommend this exhibition. Based off last year, there's a good range of model layouts, as well as various manufacturers (Austrains, TrainOrama, Auscision, Blue and Gold models, Trainz :p and many many more).

Please come down to the show if you have time, as it really is a great time. And, for any Trainzers who do come down, feel free to stop by and say hi and introduce yourself. It's always great to put a username to a name and a face.

Have fun!
Zec

Back