Murchison2 and 2010

Petertenz

Just a question. I have recently purchased and installed Trainz 2010 (DVD) and I already have Murchison2 installed. (DVD). There is still no 'surveyor' mode showing in Murchison2 so I presume that I have to uninstall it and install it again. Is this correct ? - or is there any other (simple !) way, or anything I should know.
(By the way, when I put the Murchison2 disc in no 'uninstall/reinstall' option shows).
Hoping someone may be able to help - and I have looked on the forums for this specific point but there seems to be nothing. I have Trainz 2006 but not 2009.
Thank you

Just a question. I have recently purchased and installed Trainz 2010 (DVD) and I already have Murchison2 installed. (DVD). There is still no 'surveyor' mode showing in Murchison2 so I presume that I have to uninstall it and install it again. Is this correct ? - or is there any other (simple !) way, or anything I should know.
(By the way, when I put the Murchison2 disc in no 'uninstall/reinstall' option shows).
Hoping someone may be able to help - and I have looked on the forums for this specific point but there seems to be nothing. I have Trainz 2006 but not 2009.
Thank you
You need to 'fold'Murchison into 2010 by shifting some folder into 2010. All murchison routes then appear in and become part of 2010 and surveyor can be used for the lot. The best person to give you guidance is Sirgibby and if he sees your post will no doubt give you some help.
He did for me but I have forgotten how it was done.

You need to 'fold'Murchison into 2010 by shifting some folder into 2010. All murchison routes then appear in and become part of 2010 and surveyor can be used for the lot. The best person to give you guidance is Sirgibby and if he sees your post will no doubt give you some help.
He did for me but I have forgotten how it was done.

Try him at www.trainzone.co.nz

Your friend who said it was 'incredibly good' made an understatement
Its much better than 2010 but you need 2010 for the surveyor module

Hi Petertenz

I presume that the Murchison2 that you have is the full version released by Auran .....TS:MURCHISON2

If it is it should be able to install directly into TS2010.
However if for some reason you are not being given the option then the other way is to follow th efollowing steps

1. Copy the file "murchison.ja" from the "TS2009/Builtin" directory into the ""TS2010/Builtin"" directory.
  2. Start TS2010 and add the CD key for TS:MURCHISON2 into the options on the startup menu.
  3. TS2010 should automaticlaly rebuild the database but, if it doesn't, go into the Content Manager and pick the FILE pull down and then select "Extended Database repair"
  4. Once you are in TS2010 you will need to make sure the yellow "favorites" star at the tpo of the routes menu is turned off.
Michael

Thank you for Murchison 2 advice

Hi all,
thank you Nimec and Sirgibby. Looks like a successful install. All seems to be going well.
One question: the (new) little red button on the bottom right leading to a window that says things like 'thread exceptions'. Does one need to do anything about any of those ?

Thanks again for your help, I can see I could be spending some time in the
'Murchison Countryside' from now on !

Petertenz :)

Hi all,
thank you Nimec and Sirgibby. Looks like a successful install. All seems to be going well.
One question: the (new) little red button on the bottom right leading to a window that says things like 'thread exceptions'. Does one need to do anything about any of those ?

Thanks again for your help, I can see I could be spending some time in the
'Murchison Countryside' from now on !

Petertenz :)
I often get the same. As it never affects the sceen shot or the game or makes any changes to anything that I can see, i just get rid of it and carry on. Ignore it. A purist may know what its all about, but it cant be very important as everything still functions.

Hi Peter

The little red button warns of a script problem (most likely with a loco) and seems to occur more often when running in Native mode.
This was pointed out to Auran during beta tsting but, as it didn't appear to affect operation, they chose to let it go.

I think you will find it most common in Native mode and Murchison was released as a "compatability mode" route.

cheers
Michael

Back