Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

After most of the buildings now I am about to create seasonal updates for several detail-assets.
Here seasonal City-Lawn:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Your's TUME

Last edited:
Amazing stuff TUME, so looking forward to this becoming available.

What route is that paulzmay?

I couldn't resist sharing some very old but fun Chicago rolling stock.

I haven't tried the Chicago Metro cars on the Municipal route yet but I did find that some London Trams looked OK so long as you didn't deploy their poles.

@normhart - it's an unreleased part of Bridgehampton Metro. I'm working slowly towards joining the finished bits up...

Nice Paul, I'll keep an eye open for it.

Some more Trams on the Municipal.

Given the size of the route and the modern fashion of mixing historic rolling stock with current vehicles on many cities tracks this makes for a lot fun without being too much fantasy.

The cars on the left don't work on this route, mostly poles are at the wrong height. The cars on the right and in the second shot mostly work.

I still have dozens and dozens to test but it looks like one could accumulate a pretty good collection operating on the Municipal route. :D

Last edited:
@Normhart always thought those cars looked odd in the street, I did try running the Newhaven cars at least they have steps down.
Tom

pweiser's big interurban cars have too long a wheelbase for surface streets but they work pretty well on the elevated.

Hello – I like your screens from the busy car barn side, normhart.
The residential houses in the foreground have already been replaced with seasonal assets. Still the car barn building and the office buildings beside survived in the route, although I already replaced the tracks with seasonal assets as well. But I also will create seasonal assets for the car barn and the office buildings too. I just have not decided yet how the car barn will look like. One possibility would be to let it look similar to the car barn I once created for the Season Town Northern RR (T:ANE-Deluxe-Content) or should I create the seasonal car barn just looking similar to the car barn assets which is in use now.

For the car barns near downtown I am thinking about a third possibility. I could take pictures from a car barn of the streetcar system in my hometown Chemnitz, Germany which looks very impressive too. It has been built in 1908 and is now used by the streetcar museum.

strassenbahnbetriebshof-chemnitz-kappel-190707--121308.jpg

ch_9929_mini.jpg

fittosize__250_0_4e45134a74d1d2490eddb0d48586d0a6_tdod17_stra%C3%9Fenbahn_depot_kappel.jpg

Stra%C3%9Fenbahndepot_Chemnitz-Kappel_%281%29.JPG

Another topic is the way in which I will create a seasonal replacement for the main RR station building situated near downtown. Should I create a more modern looking building or should I stay with a seasonal replacement similar to the building now.
One argument for a modern looking building is that I plan to extend the elevated railway toward the RR-Terminal creating a better passenger interchange. Therefore a new elevated railway station would have to be built just on top the RR-terminal platforms and right beside to the RR-Terminal-building. And it would make sense to integrate the new elevated railway station into a new main RR station building.
If this will take place also the circular organized elevated RR line would be changed into two branches – both beginning at the described new elevated railway station. One of these branches would go via the airport and further at a new line straight from the airport toward the streetcar line which goes up to Lake Holyday. Therefore a new elevated RR station would be required near the cemetery situated at the Lake Holyday streetcar branch providing passenger interchange between the elevated railway extension and the existing streetcar line.

But all this will be in the far future, at the moment I still need to update everything.
At the moment I cannot tell when this will be ready for release.

Your’s TUME

I'm in no hurry, I am having a ball running around on the original route. I very much like the idea of using the Chemnitz Car Barn in the downtown yard. You currently have two car barns there, a 8 track and a 12 track. I would suggest replacing the 8 track with the 8 track Chemnitz Barn while seasonalizing the existing 12 track car barn. This would add some historical depth to the route I would think, like the areas where you have discontinued tracks. (I've been tempted to re-lay the tracks at some point. :)).

As for the outer Municipal Surface Railway Depot car barn, I must admit that I have some affection for it the way it is and would be sorry to see it go. But you must do as you like.

For Main Station I suggest you do what most big cities do, retain the main building and modernize the track area; 2 tracks between platforms, covered platforms (roofs), perhaps build out from the rear of main building to connect to the elevated platform.
Perhaps a direct connection from the elevated platform to the tracks like this,

Thank you for your recommendations - sounds like a plan :)

About the main station I am looking a some more possibilities - basing at the development in Chemnitz too.
Our main RR station used to have terminal platforms and through platforms as well. They converted four terminal plattforms into streetcar/LRT platforms and they torned down the wall in front of the former terminal plattforms and connected the new streetcar/LRT-plattforms to the streetcar/LRT tracks in front of the main RR station building.
At the moment we have two track-connections between our streetcar system and the RR - one of that two is the connection at the main RR station - the other is situated in the south of Chemnitz. Soon we will have third connection. Special train-LRT-cars (looking like a articulated LRT - including a toilett) goes electrilally powered in the town using the streetcar system and changes to diesel power while going into the reagion using RR-branch lines.

If I would introduce such a connection, it would be possible to do this as well - and with catenary over the RR line it would provide a nice playground for P-Weisers nice creations ...

Here you can see two LRTs just at the new streetcar-RR-connection. The RR-main-station is in the background. The tracks in front comes from the RR and goes into the streetcar system.
20140616_Durchfahrt_2.JPG

Here you can see a RR-terminal-platform-tack in the foreground. Behind that you can see the the new streetcar/LRT-platforms with a new electric/diesel-powered City-Link-LRT.
The LRT is about changing power from electric to diesel to continue via RR tracks into the region.
10.jpg

Your's TUME

Hi TUME, I've purchased you route but I'm wondering if one day you'll release the PCC of Toronto ?

Hello, it's planned to release the CLRV within the new route. Still also the CLRV needs some attention - like the other PCCs as well. For instance I already created windshield wipers for the PCCs but I could not finish the part of the script to control it the way I would like to. Just such things needs to be done - besides the route update.

Well - and for the CLRV I need to get an agreement with the creator of the original mesh. Most of the outsidemesh has been created by another creator who uploaded it years ago. I changed parts of that mesh and the textures to meet trainz requirements and also I created an inside mesh which was not part of the original mesh at all. But still I developed the whole thing using the source files of another creator and therefore I will have to get an agreement with him first. Also years ago I changed e-mails with him (I hope he did not change his adress) and he wrote that I should write to him again as soon as I am ready and an agreement should be possible - but still it has not been made :)

Your TUME

Well, all my PCCs already have a driver cab.
Yes, as I wrote, the PCC cars will be updated as well. I will create updates for the two PCCs released within T:ANE as well as for the PCCs released within the initial Municipal Transit Railway which came out as built-in-content embedded in TS12.
My intension is to bring all this PCCs up to the same level – including the windscreen wishers.

As an avid Transit/Tram player, I wish I could create/build the vehicles in today's transit system, but I use what ever is available from the Download Manager.
To those who are capable of creating assets, I have a few requests to be added to their work/creations.
One: allow to change the vehicle number. (this is doable as other vehicles have this feature).
Two: Destination Signs - Allow the incorporation if the Destination Sign Module on vehicles. (again doable)
Three: New 2010+ design -
Four: Height Adjustable trolley poles /catemary units for vehicles
My Thanks to those individuals who create assets of all type for the Trainz community.

Hello - yes, I agree something is doable :)
Well I plan to update my fictional PCCs (initially released at TS12) the way that these PCC will be equipped with random car numbers.
Both of my PCCs released within T:ANE does not have changable numbers because these assets are models of just two PCCs who exists in the real world whearing exacly the number the assets whears as well.
All of my PCCs have changable destination signs. Unfortunately I dont no any way to change these signs automatically in the driver module. E.g. if an AI-controlled PCC starts from one teminus to another it should be able to change the dest-signs automatically - perhaps controlled by a trigger and a session rule or so. But this would need some kind of script creation which unfortunately is far too complicated for me to do. But if anybody would create such things, I would like to set up my streetcars the way to maintain such functions too.
The height adjustable trolley poles are a matter of script work as well. A possibility without any script is, to create different trolley assets for one single streetcar, each for any catenary heigt commonly used in trainz. Than the user can set up the his streetcar consist just like required by the catenary in the route. This is something I plan to do - due to the fact that I dont need to do any scripts for it.

Last edited:
Back