Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

Hello, just some more screens from the MUNI RR update.
I created some neon signs for the building fronts. It is soured by flashing lights (active in night mode) and supports season change.

Wow Tume. That looks very nice. I love the MUNI RR. Nice to see it updated to TANE standards :).

Hello, again some screens from the building update at the Municipal Transit Railway. In both views near the city centre only a view "older" assets are left to be updated, including the elevated RR station and track, the car park buildings as well as several streetcar tracks. As requested I captured the night screen shots with and without snow ...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Your's TUME

Working on an elevated line in my downtown -- decided that having all transit be underground at that point was boring.

Question is: do I do an elevated streetcar line and link with that system or connect it up with my subway (I left provisions when building). Suggestions?

Hello memeboy, I have got your excellent streetcar. Thank you very much for that assets. Very good job!

I could not resist to see how it looks in my Municipal Transit railway - very nice :)
Just see the screens below.

Well I am living in Chemnitz - a town in south east Germany. Besides 11 doubble-sets of T3DM-PCC-cars, our streetcar/LRT-sytsem over here operates a lot of these ABB-Vario-Trams.
Just google "Chemnitz Vario Tram" and go for pictures and you will see :)

Your's TUME

Thank you very much, but please note that the Variotram comes from memeboy and he did a very good job on it :)
Hey TUME

Thanks for the nice comments, nice to see the Variotram appear in screenshots :D

Chemnitz got the prototype version of the Variotram, as far as I'm aware, and the Sydney ones are heavily influenced by the original design (although tailor made for Sydney). Sadly as of 2015 they have been pulled from service and have been sitting in storage

Hello, yes as far as I know Chemnitz really used to be the prototype test field for these tarm cars. I like it, but new vehicles have been ordered elsewhere. I even see the disadvantage in the wheel arrangement. At last each bogey module is simply a two axel car assambled together with the bridge modules. And two axel cars are less able to deal with little track irregularities as four axle cars equipped with two bogies does it. In my point of view this is one reason why thes concept is about to disappear.

Hello, yes as far as I know Chemnitz really used to be the prototype test field for these tarm cars. I like it, but new vehicles have been ordered elsewhere. I even see the disadvantage in the wheel arrangement. At last each bogey module is simply a two axel car assambled together with the bridge modules. And two axel cars are less able to deal with little track irregularities as four axle cars equipped with two bogies does it. In my point of view this is one reason why thes concept is about to disappear.
Actually the Variotrams got replaced by newer CAF built Urbos 3s which have the exact same layout, as the government wanted "new and shiny everything". Now in my opinion this was a downgrade as these newer trams have less comfortable seats, horror build quality, squeaking everywhere (its built with particle board inside), and a more jerky ride. In comparison, the Variotrams have been the smoothest quietest low-floor tram made and was built solid (many can agree).

In the meantime here's a shot from a fictional line
37327486996_44001d533a_b.jpg

Actually the Variotrams got replaced by newer CAF built Urbos 3s which have the exact same layout, as the government wanted "new and shiny everything". Now in my opinion this was a downgrade as these newer trams have less comfortable seats, horror build quality, squeaking everywhere (its built with particle board inside), and a more jerky ride. In comparison, the Variotrams have been the smoothest quietest low-floor tram made and was built solid (many can agree).

In the meantime here's a shot from a fictional line

Ok - I see. Thank you for that information. That's bad news for the tram over your place.
In Chemnitz they did a lot to bring all tracks in super condition. Therefore the trams can run quite fast - even with that two-axle-modules. May be it is not so bad as I thought. All branches that remained the closure period from the 70's to the 80's have dedicated ROW besides little exceptions which supports higher speed away from the car traffic. At the end of one branch the trams changes over to a Railway line using a small connection. Since they installed an 800V overhead wire above that Railway branch the trams can speed up to 80km/h at that line. In this first case the also changed the platforms hight to maintain the lower floor Variotrams.
The latest development is the installation of more changeovers from tram to rail - even at the Central Station (Hauptbahnhof) in Chemnitz. They bought LRT trams equipped with a diesel generator and different door hights. These trams goes as streetcars/LRT through the city side but as diesel electric rail car at the rail lines in the region arround Chemnitz. Now they do not need to change all the rail plattforms at the rail lines anymore.

I am thinking about the possibility to implement a streetcar-elevated-RR-connection into my Municipal Transit Railway route to provide a playground for people who wants to play with such combined streetcar/LRT/Rail vehicles.

BTW: What did you do to the front spoiler at you tram? Stop kiking bicyclers :) :)

Hello - just some more screens from the update of the Municipal Transit Railway.
This time including some new building creations alongside the Lake Holiday Branch - route "H".

Your's TUME

Very nice tume! Really loving all these city scenes, wish I could contribute something myself but I don't have anything at the moment.

One thing, about the scenes, no offense at all intended, but they look a bit glare-y. Perhaps tone down the colors a bit? I've found from personal experience that it helps to make a scene more realistic, by toning down light.

Other than that small thing, great job, and awesome shots: :Y:

Now THAT! That is awesome looking Australian trams (and I looked at memeboy's site), it's a BEAUTY, and I hope to use those in the near future. I would love to contribute the same (as it's been a while since I did the BART), but I'm overloaded at the time. If only I can suggest for memeboy (NOT a 'gimmie' person FYI), but I would love to hopefully see a X'Trapolis in the near future. Otherwise it's a awesome shot!

Hello, just some more screens about the building update at the Municipal Transit Railway ...
... one view before and one after - including summer, winter and summernightview. Some assets in the far background still needs to be replaced.

Your's TUME

Hello, another screens from the Municipal transit Railway including new seasonal buildings, tracks and streetcar stops near the down town circle.

Your's TUME

Hello, another screens from the Municipal transit Railway including new seasonal buildings, tracks and streetcar stops near the down town circle.

Your's TUME

Back