Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

Tume your doing such a nice job, makes me tempted the restart my Trolley Co. from scratch in TANE, between the assets from Season Town & this one I'm sure it would be great,'

Tom

Hello Tom, hello everybody,

nice to see you are inspired by my screens :)

Here just some more of it. Still there are a few "old" and non seasonal buildings in the background but the number of these declines constantly :)
The streetcar tracks in the background as well as the elevated RR tracks still needs to be updated by using seasonal assets.

The office building in the last two screens is a remake of one of dmdrake's Art-Deco-Office-Bldgs - done by me with permission. I just used dmdrake's texture and added some entrance doors to it. By creating a new mesh I was able to add some roof-details, applied season change to the assets and extended the bundle by creating some more buildings in different heights. Although these textures never had a normal map it is amazing to see how nice dmdrakes original textures looks in T:ANE. Thank you David for your permission to update your assets.
Once released within the refurbished "Municipal Transit Railway" I hope these big bundle of new seasonal building assets will inspire route creators to use it for their own route creations. A lot of these buildings are pretty suitable even for smaller towns and villages.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Your's TUME

Last edited:
Hi Tume.

I like the way you have added snow to the top half of the shop awnings, neat job, adds to the realism.

NormP.

Hello,

here a little video impression how my refurbished "Municipal Transit Railway" will look like in Trainz: A New Era.

Your's TUME

TUME some thoughts inspired by your new video;

Your stone work around the tracks is really great looking and I especially like the lowered platform ends to support the handicapped.

I'm not sure if you are aware that pweiser has gotten sparks working in TANE (even though he doesn't have TANE). I think your PCCs and other electrics would benefit from the addition.

Have you considered making your scenery automobiles into traffic? I don't know if the whole traffic thing would support seasonal or not.

Last edited:
TUME some thoughts inspired by your new video;

Your stone work around the tracks is really great looking and I especially like the lowered platform ends to support the handicapped.

I'm not sure if you are aware that pweiser has gotten sparks working in TANE (even though he doesn't have TANE). I think your PCCs and other electrics would benefit from the addition.

Have you considered making your scenery automobiles into traffic? I don't know if the whole traffic thing would support seasonal or not.

Hello normhart,
thank you for your suggestions. Yes, I eventually would like to implement the sparks to the trolleys - but I lost it out of my eyes :) Therefore I cannot even remember where I can find that feature and the needed dependencies. Also I would have to find out what I need to do to make it working with my PCCs. Do you have some helpfull links perhaps?
Yes, automated car traffic supports season change - been implemented long ago - maybe TS12 or so. The cars needs to be arranged like a trackside object (just like a signal or a switch stand). Automated car traffic does not support ordinary scenery objects - like in the past. I think I arranged the automated car traffic in my T:ANE-Milwaukee Road Avery-Drexel project in a seasonal way - you may have a look into that route at your PC. Therefore I cloned some of my seasonal cars and arranged the config tags as necessary to provide the needed automated-car-traffic-versions from it. Eventually I could do the same for the City-Route as well - but in this case I will probably mix it up with some more modern looking cars even if these would not support season change. This would cover the fact that we have also a lot of "garage-stored" cars on the city roads which starts its jurney without snow on top :)

Your's TUME

TUME for sparks I suggest you contact pweiser, Paul is a helpful guy. My understanding is you need a sparks script, an attachment point at the tip of the pole or on your pantograph, and a carefully shaped spark mesh.

I should have known that you were way ahead of me on traffic. :D Thanks!

Hello @ all,
Just another screen from newly added buildinhs into the Municipal Transit Railway:

17492526_1267160096712527_224768834338073035_o.jpg

Your's TUME

Hey there guys!
I'm make my swedish subway-car for Stockholm subway route which is the C20-train, made in year 1997 to 2004.
So I need your suggestions and feedback what you guys think of my work so far?
urhaxKC.png

nkFdYhY.png

fetwjvD.png

Hello,
just some more screens from a place where I introduced new seasonal buildings.

@Antonsthlm93: You are using blender - I whish I could find the "time" to learn using blender as well, but I am still doing gmax :)
Well at the momant we cannot see too much of your results but keep on posting. I am sure we will have a set of new bubway cars here :)

Your's TUME

Last edited:
At the Municipal Transit Railway: more and more down town buildings have been replaced using my latest seasonal assets. The nightmode at the tall buildings may looks a bit strange due to the tiled texture arranged to save on both - polygons and texture sizes. Most of the assets uses a four step LOD. The polygon number drops down from about 4800 to 2000 to 700 to 50. The last LOD step also uses its own 256x256 sized texture without normal mapping while the three highest LOD steps uses shared textures including normal mapping.
Also the streetcar tracks still need to get the seasonal update on.

Your's TUME

Last edited:
I feel like posting some street running shots, as in like mainline freight running in the middle of the road, is that alowed in this thread?

Back