Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

Not yet in Trainz, but hopefully soon! A Valley Metro (Phoenix area) light rail vehicle! I still have some details to add, including fixing the door windows and adding the rooftop details.

40347898474_92ee15ef1b_b.jpg

When adding details, please include destination sign(s), changeable vehicle numbers, specifying pantograph height, working doors, passenger, plus whatever is required for electric? vehicles on the roof.
I have 'pleaded' before asking for updated transit vehicles buses, trolleybuses with the above type additions. North American (LH drive).

Paperpusher, yes that is the general idea. Its all on my wishlist, this is kind of a guinea pig for me. I have at least nine other rail vehicle projects (in addition to scenery items and other non-Trainz related projects) in the pipeline including the Nippon Sharyo P865, ACF-Pullman Interurbans, ACF Key "Bridge" Interurbans, the Rohr "A" Type BART train, Hall-Scott 500 Series Interurbans, British Class 317, British Class 319, British Class 321, British Class 455, among others.

To do list:

- Roof fittings (AC units, electrical units)
- Other external details (mirrors, rear view cameras, lights etc.)
- Bogies (and accompanying animations)
- Couplers (and accompanying animations)
- Interior (and passenger enablement)
- Pantograph (and accompanying animations)
- Destination signs and numbering system

All of the things which you've mentioned! But its going to take a while for me as I'm still on a learning curve. I have just started to master 3DS Max, and with some of the newer features coming in the upcoming Trainz release (such as PBR materials), I would also like to take advantage of the opportunities out there for content creators.

Last edited:
BART to San Jose Phase I

Isaac,

Good to have met up with you last week! I can't wait to collaborate on the Light Rail route with you. But the real reason for this post is........

.....finally have a route preview video for BART to San Jose Phase I

Enjoy!

-A :wave:

First screenshot in many months (from WIP) to see if a change of hosting site is working.

I0iNsMB.jpg

Now that it seems to be ok one more then back in a few months.

Y8kznHP.jpg

Last edited:
After some while of inactivity, I'd like to show you a new project I'm working on: Roads with custom traffic! I don't really like the traffic system that comes with Trainz.
And I also couldn't find any road assets on the DLS matching my most important desire:
- ATLS compatibility
- - without having to paint the ground with asphalt texture (which doesn't always match the road direction when it comes to wheeltracks for example)
- - without having a mess of splines (manually placing road markings, invisible roads etc.)

So I asked my self 'How hard can it be to make such roads on my own?'. Finding myself satisfied with properly working assets after four days, I have the following result:

s8n4Vzt.png

The picture above shows how this set will be useful (e.g. for tram routes with realistic traffic systems). On the left and on the right you can see roads which automatically come with the invisible traffic lanes and a 'ground' spline (the asphalt with markings) - these can be placed as one spline. Between them you can see the traffic lanes which can be used to make lane switches and realistic intersections (cars on from the left on the inner lane will turn into the road above etc.). Apart from the traffic lanes the ground spline can also be placed as seperate spline with enables ATLS compatibility without having upset road textures under the traffic stoppers plus the advantage that each lane can be stopped individually (useful for traffic lights with arrows).

Similar to the 'UK invible traffic' roads I made the lanes with colours and numbers for the speed limit in kph. The colours will define the intensity of traffic on the lane:
- white = no traffic generated
- green = low traffic
- yellow/orange = medium traffic
- red = busy traffic

Last edited:
Thanks. This was from a payware pack. You can have some nice 3D pedestrian from mathiasgose

Last edited:
Back