New To trainz, How do I use The quick drive mode?

Alex907

I am new to trainz and am running 2010ee and am trying to use the quick drive mode.
I do not understand all about the consists and drivers and it seems to not make much sense. I f someone could please enlighten me it would me much appreciated
:)

I am new to trainz and am running 2010ee and am trying to use the quick drive mode.
I do not understand all about the consists and drivers and it seems to not make much sense. I f someone could please enlighten me it would me much appreciated
Think it only works if you actually put some trainz on the track....
easier to use sessions to drive a train.

Quick Drive

Alex907;
The Quick Drive button in Surveyor is handy for quickly running a session you have opened in surveyor and possibly examined or changed. It is faster then exiting surveyor and then loading the session.

If you just want to run a session without editing it, just selected it from the Routes / Sessions in the launch windows.

If you do run using the Quick Drive Button you will be returned to Surveyor mode when you close the session.

Confusion: There is also a Quick Drive Rule, which is one of the TS2010 Rules, which allows the user to change things like time and weather while in the session mode; the two are not connented.

Good luck with trainz, enjoy, read the manual.
Irving

you need to make a session for a route in Surveyor, otherwise you will see the route but there won't be an engine, train or a driver.......
"Consist" is American speak for train (=coaches, wagons etc).

Go to Surveyor, choose a route, using the tool from the right hand side like an engine wheel to choose and add an engine and, say, coaches or wagons, place on the track, then go to Quick Drive. Best way to learn is trial and error, save your new session under a different name, even "test 1" or somesuch, so you don't risk messing up the original route or session.

Last edited:
Thanks Welsh! That's exactly what I was looking for. I actually read the manual, and it didn't go into enough detail. I tried the Quick Drive mode once to check it out, assuming it would place a fully functioning train on the tracks that I could drive around without setting up a complex scenario. When I picked a consist, I had about a dozen coal cars rolling along the track with no engine at either end! I tried it again on the King's Cross route and had about a half dozen passenger cars, without an engine. So it was the lack of an engine that puzzled me.

I'll follow your advice and try again tonight when I get home. Cheers!

Back