Union Pacific 9000 class

B1boy

Is there a 4-12-2 UP 9000 for download.I know they didn't make very many back in the day.But i was wondering if there was one available.It sure would make a good collection to my railyard.There a very rare locomotive nowadays.

how do you download it on his site?

im trying to download the 9000 class on cowboys site but its all just ads

Thanks Dundun92. I wonder if there is a way we could request locking threads with dead links so they don't get bumped over and over....

If you check there has been someone on here who is updating the 9000s and they will be available in the new year.
Cheers,
Mike

You are corect

If you check there has been someone on here who is updating the 9000s and they will be available in the new year.
Cheers,
Mike
Hello there!
For those that are familliar with my thread you know already. For those which don't this will be interesting. After many months of trying i had finally got into contact with TheCowboy (original creator of the 9000) he has graciously given me the permission to bring them more up to date and re-release them. I will be adding new e-spec, e-sounds, whistle, smoke, and textures.

While I was wanting to get them out this Christmas that has been changed as my EBT 12-18 pack has taken stage first. Expect to see a new thread in 2021 announcing the 9000s official re-release and my accompanying promo.

with kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

just to make sure for people that might be curious, no they will not be payware as I do not want to make money off of the hard work of those dedicated to making these amazing models.

In response of the original 9000s location and availability

so, i have seen many links fir the website and when i get sent to it the only thing that shows up is related links

If you look in the general forms you will find my thread on my progress of updating them for modern trainz. Shane (TheCowboy) the original creator of them shut his site down and moved away from the community after around 2006. The only way to get the original right now is through many different pirated downloads around the internet. The good news is that I have dug for months a while back to get into contact with Shane about his 9000 class and possibly updating and rereleasing legally to the trainz community. Chugging along quite well on them right now. They will be out for everyone to enjoy in a couple months or so minus any additional features that might get added if permission can be obtained from Shane.

If you would like a copy to try out right now I can send out a test version to beta testers of mine through discord.

With kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

Bill69 was also given permission by Shane to modify them to TANE standards and beyond which he did and made them freely available to those who asked. Apparently all Shane required was that they be freeware and the credit for them remains Shanes. He must be some guy to do this and make them freeware today considering all the work he put into the originals. They are such excellent work in both realism and action even the explosion if you drop a plug.
I don't know if bill69 is still into trains so am looking forward to the updates from ThebroughamGamer. When do you think they will be available? Will you notify us on this thread or somewhere else?
Cheers

Back