Is there a way to convert MSTS routes to TRS2006 Routes?

TorenHynes

The Maple Leaf Forever
Hi,
I have Microsoft Train Simulator 2002 and have on it the entire Marias Pass route. I am wondering if there is a way to convert the route from MSTS to TRS2006 because I do not want to pay for a route that I already have. Likewise with the Settle & Carlisle line. Also, can I get the cabviews from MSTS to TRS2006?

nothing there is possible with out the g-max files themselves. i to have the marias pass route in trainz driver but cannot transport into ts2009 or 2010.

No

I'm going to try my best to not be offensive here, but just asking the question shows an incredible ignorance about how computer software works. "Gmax files" will work for converting engines, cars, and scenery objects (many people have converted MSTS engines to railworks, but it requires the source files and a lot of playing around) but a route is impossible because the whole thing has completely different coding.

63668487.jpg

That's the file and folder structure for an MSTS route;

20721412.jpg

And that's what a Trainz route looks like. The file names, folder structure, and internal coding is completely different to the point where an experienced programmer would never be able to do it. The simplest way is to build it from scratch in Surveyor, you can't convert a route.

MSTS trains to TRS2006 is not a real problem can be done if you have the gmax files.

Routes no way, but why would you want to, a well done trainz route is at least 4 times better than a MSTS one.

In case of the Marias Pass route such an effort is not even necessary. There is an excellent payware route which you can order at the hptrainz site (I did).

Dralex

In case of the Marias Pass route such an effort is not even necessary. There is an excellent payware route which you can order at the hptrainz site (I did).

Additionally the Settle and Carlisle route is available in Trainz Classics 3 or as an add on to Ts2009 or Ts2010.

@Sniper - could you resize your images. They are way too big for the General Trainz forums.

John

@Sniper - could you resize your images. They are way too big for the General Trainz forums.

John
Snipers top picture is 800x600 and the bottom picture is 742x406 and are within the COC guidelines for outside of the screenshot forum.

You are right, the resolution in Trainz is a step up from the resoulution in MSTS. After all, MSTS is eight years old, whilst TRS2006 is only four years old.

Back