unable to start Trainz 2010

GunZero1

i keep getting this error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"
i have restarted and reinstalled still no go so please help

This happened to me when I first loaded Trainz 2006, and I found that it was due to my Virus software (Norton) turning itself back on

This happened to me -Check to see if the games has created all the files in program files. for me it had so I simply chose the option " The program installed correctly" and started the game from Program files.

In order for us to help you, we need your system specs including such things as your operating system (Windows version), video card, memory, and other hardware information.

Your problem could simply be related to your video card, or permissions to run, or worse.

Unfortunately, hexadecimal numbers mean absolutely nothing to us here.

John

Check your monitor and Trainz refresh rate settings, this is what happens when they are out of sinc. It caught me out for a while when I first got 09.

Actually the error code is very important - I have found some information regarding it on google - the issue is relating to the Visual C++ library files, which appear to be missing from one of the Windows folders. (The Visual C++ 2005 redistributable or Visual C++ 2008 redistributable should sort out this problem)

Shane

Actually the error code is very important - I have found some information regarding it on google - the issue is relating to the Visual C++ library files, which appear to be missing from one of the Windows folders. (The Visual C++ 2005 redistributable or Visual C++ 2008 redistributable should sort out this problem)

Shane

You were lucky on this one! These aren't always easy to track down.

If the MSC libraries are missing, I wonder what other problems the user my have with his Windows installation.

John

Quite a few - a lot of programs nowadays are made with Visual C++ so the chances of issues is high. (Even Trainz Downloader Pro uses C++)

I agree though, that some error codes are very hard to find - usually Event Viewer can be of help though.

Shane

Quite a few - a lot of programs nowadays are made with Visual C++ so the chances of issues is high. (Even Trainz Downloader Pro uses C++)

I agree though, that some error codes are very hard to find - usually Event Viewer can be of help though.

Shane

This is true with the VC++.

How many lay-users would know enough to use the Event Viewer, though? ;)

Right now I've been running Windg (part of Visual Studio) to track down errors. SysInternals has a nice link with videos up on TechNet. Mark Russinivich used this plus his own tools, such as ProcessExplorer, to track down errors, and either report them to the developer, or fix the problem himself.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963887.aspx

John

I agree - most microsoft products seem to give various error codes without explaining them. Sometimes a google search for the error code in question can yield results, sometimes retracing steps can help solve a problem. Other times, simply posting an error code in an appropriate forum usually gives users who do understand the codes a chance to check.

Shane

My Pc specs are
CPU:intel core 2 quad Q9400
RAM:3.25gb
Video Card:Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT

As I have discussed above with a few other forum members, the issue is related to Visual C++. The quickest way to solve this is to install the Visual C++ 2005 (SP1) redistributable package.

To do this:

1.Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en then click Download on the page (when prompted, click Open/Run unless you want to save a copy of it)
1a.If you clicked Save, you will need to double-click the file to run it.
2.Follow the instructions in the boxes that appear (mostly, clicking Yes/Next)

If this does not fix the problem, you may need the Visual C++ 2008 (SP1) redistributable package from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en.

Shane

OK, this is getting more serious (normally, one or other of those files cures that error)

The next important question is relating to the .NET Framework - which versions (if any) do you have installed? Trainz/Content Manager requires 2.0.

Shane

OK - I also need you to check Content Manager. If you also get the same error, you will need to check in Add/Remove programs for .NET Framework 2.0

If it is not present, it can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en and the service pack for it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...77-e02c-4ad3-aacf-a7633f706ba5&displaylang=en. (install from the first link before using the second one, as the second link is SP1 for .NET Framework 2.0)

If you are in any way unsure, let me know, and I will post a step-by-step guide.

Shane

just checked and i have .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and i still get the same error with content manager

Back