Blast from the Past (UTC first scratchbuilt loco)

PWeiser

Interesting couple of weeks learning the utilities in UTC. Decided on a New Haven EP-1 in the original finish as a first subject, result is below.

ep1spassing.jpg

All meshes are original, it runs, the pans go up and down and the drivers roll. Crude interior (documentation lacking - that’s my excuse;)), so about all that’s borrowed at the moment is the enginespec. Need to learn lights, glints and number boards. This is definitely fun.

Questions: Amazon says my copy of TS2009 has shipped. Since I have the meshes and artwork, how hard will it be to make the jump from UTC? I understand there’s a real content manager instead of semi-hacking config files. Will I still be able to run UTC (the program, not the assets) after loading TS2009? Will my author KUID change, and will my old one still work?

Thanks in advance for criticism, help, and answers.

Last edited:
That's way cool! You might want to look at the interior used in the CN Boxmotors. They are probably similar to what you'd use here, or at least give you something to work from. I wouldn't know what they looked like inside either since they were just before my time too. I do remember seeing the Little Joe's and Hornets on the NH when I was a kid.

You'll be able to install both TS2009 and UTC on the same computer. If you want you can always import your content from UTC at a later time using the Content Manager.

Your imported content may or may not have errors. Most of these errors are easily fixed and are due to typos in the configs, and some graphics errors, which are easily repairable using PEVSoft's tools. If you want you can still run the program in compatibility mode which runs 99% of the content without problems.

Please post anymore questions, I'm sure we can help you transistion into TS2009 without too many problems.

John

Back