NZ shots :D

Callum027

Post all your New Zealand routes, loco screenies etc...

I'll start.

Screen_119.jpg

Screen_120.jpg

DXR8007, DA1410 and DA1429 hauling some cattle down the line.

By the way, the DXR is my first loco! Still being worked on and not released yet (tm)

Well there is my avatar... :D

The NZR rollingstock situation is not totally brilliant just now although it is slightly better than it was three years ago. Most of the time I have to put up with Aussie QR stuff and it just don't look right. Now if I was a bit brainier and could use Gmax...

Your Dxr is looking promising by the way. Once you get some texturing and stuff on the skin it won't look quite so Playmobil colours! :D I'll definitely be watching for that on the DLS. Clever boy!

Cheers

Nix

Okey dokey kiddo, I decided my last coupla posts (including the above) were too negative and grumpy (upload blues) so feeling guilty and wanting to support your thread I spent a very pleasant coupla hours on Sunday arvo in Surveyor playing around and this is what I came up with:

The thrice weekly Ab hauled goods crosses the Malvern River.

On the main the daily morning passenger, while the goods takes the loop to shunt Malvern.

Bruce McGuigan waits at the crossing to get back to work at the coal yard after having lunch...

The Aussie passenger cars I mentioned. They do have a passing resemblance to the good ol' wooden turtlebacks of NZR but don't really bear close inspection. Note the lovely 4 post Url wagons in the loading bank road.

The Malvern goods shed with an empty Xp used by a traffic member on transfer. Beyond the shed is the backshunt with the coal siding.

Pushing back through the shed to get to the coal siding. The set up is a little cramped and awkward - typical NZR in its heyday. Dontcha jus' love the weighted points lever? I wish I had 10 cents for every one of those dratted things I changed!

Lifting the empty highsiders. I love the samson post.

Lifting the empty Urls at the loading bank. Twenty years ago a "Url" meant an NZR wagon - nowadays "url" has an altogether different meaning!

Thanks for the post Callum, you got me off my arse and looking at NZR prototype again - good one. Just don't take any notice of my grouchiness! :D

Cheers

Nix

Can you put that Ab on dls.
I am so desparate for some real New Zealand locomotives.
And that Dxr looks awsome.
When it's done, put some pictures on here.
:D

ah ha

Just to let know I own the the prototype cab off Dxr 8007 the was taken of the loco a few months back.

Cheers Caleb

Mangaweka Loop looking from the rest area at the top of the hill, Express Goods 220, 2 x EF's bound for Te Rapa and Westfield waiting for 2 Dixies Southbound Karioi - Wellington Goods on train 245

Mangaweka01.jpg

Mangaweka02.jpg

Mangaweka03.jpg

I've had to scrimp on the detail as I run my visiblity set 5km I just love long views, and sitting on top of hills watching trains go by. Have had to alter most objects with LODs to make them disappear so it doesn't crunch the putter to a halt

Cheers

Back