Darwin was cheated.

Man,he should be counting his lucky stars after that,the only thing he lost was his car and not his life which is more important than personal property! :eek:

Perhaps a sign is needed that says "it takes a train 0.5 seconds to cross this road - wheather your car is on the tracks or not".

There will always be folks who think they can "beat the light" or "beat the train". They are eventually called statistics. I hope he learned a lesson. If not the next time the train might teach him a lesson he will never forget.

Ben

Perhaps a sign is needed that says "it takes a train 0.5 seconds to cross this road - wheather your car is on the tracks or not".

There will always be folks who think they can "beat the light" or "beat the train". They are eventually called statistics. I hope he learned a lesson. If not the next time the train might teach him a lesson he will never forget.

Ben

true,but look at those who are lacking patientace just because they are worried about being late for some sort of things or going some place when they should be worried about the consequences of what can happen when driving around lowered gates and the end results are never pretty, it is not so much the railroad equipment i'm worried about,I am just looking over the amount of lives lost in train vs. car situations in most cases are the driver's or motorist's[US and English terminology] fault for not paying attention to what is coming up ahead,like a railroad crossing,where most of these incidents continue to happen despite the lights,bells and most importantly,gates!:(

Last edited:
Maybe they need to stuff and mount that car and put a little scoreboard next to it that says "Train 1, Cars 0.5"

Hmmm, That might be kinda cool to have in the program......

Yes we live in an ever faster world. When someone sez to me they can save 5 minutes by doing (whatever) I like to ask them "ok - what will you do with them"? Always get a blank stare in return.

Didja ever notice you always catch up to the fellow that passed you in a panic at the next light? I'm one of those crazy people that actually drives the speed limit (even tho my motorcycle has over 500 horsepower).

Ben

Some people think there “sh, umm, stuff” is just way more important than everyone else’s stuff, until its spread all over the road, and even then, some don’t get it. :eek:

ha ha.

I laughed at the fact that his 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix was destroyed.:hehe:
62.gif
3.gif
grin.gif

That'll teach him not to try and outrun trains.

Stupid dope.
948.gif
169.gif

I note the driver is young and no doubt imbued with the impatient of the young. Someone could have been injured or killed by that wheel coming through the office window. No thought for anyone else but himself. Damn stupid idiot and glad he is being charged. Hope the police throw the book at him.

there is an video interview with the driver who claims the gates weren't down (yet he mentions seeing flashing red lights in the corner of his eye) . He also states that a person who decides to drive around the gates is an idiot.

peter

Yes we live in an ever faster world. When someone sez to me they can save 5 minutes by doing (whatever) I like to ask them "ok - what will you do with them"? Always get a blank stare in return.

Didja ever notice you always catch up to the fellow that passed you in a panic at the next light? I'm one of those crazy people that actually drives the speed limit (even tho my motorcycle has over 500 horsepower).

Ben
But it is fun feeling the torque as you accelerate to the speed limit. I never wanted to go 150mph on a bike, but taking off from a stop was alwas fun.

Back on topic, I don't mind when idiots bite the dust as long as a non-idiot is not a victim of said idiot's bad decision. More oxygen for me.

Back