Is some content not compatible with TRS2010:EE

Laddie

Hi guys.

After a mass download a the other night, I went into railyard last night only to feel let down.

A lot of the locos and rollingstock I downloaded don't appear. Their names appear but click on them and nothing.

Off the top of my head the ones that don't appear are Class 08s, Class 91/225, a lot of the Class 20s, a few 47s, HAAs, Eldavo's KTA and FCA, Blue Pullman locos (carriages work fine). Thats just a few. Oh and a few reskinned HSTs.

Also, the 222, I think thats the ones, have no connection between carriages apart from the coupling. So all the carriages have a big gaping hole at each end, oh and I can't get the wipers to turn off.

Any ideas guys?
Cheers.

Look them up in Content Manager - they will be faulty, or have missing and/or faulty dependencies. TS2010 is much fussier about these things than earlier versions (unless you use compatibility mode).

The good news is that the vast majority of these errors are fixable, though some take a bit of work...

Paul

Hi Laddie,

You obviously haven't been reading the forums lately. I reckon the subject of earlier stuff not being incompatible with TS 2010 has been discussed at least a thousand times here in the past month or so. Take that conversation away and there would be hardly anything else left to read here.

John

A lot of older rolling stock have a problem with TS2010, but in my experience, most of them are very simple to fix.
Use CMP as your guide, and the forums for your solutions.

I'm pretty sure I have most of the rolling stock you mention, and all run fine in TS2010 now.

You may find the odd piece of stock that can't be fixed without access to the model, but in the main, most can be fixed.
Make sure you back them up on disc when you've fixed them, so there's less work to do when you upgrade to the next version of Trainz. :)

Smiley.

I have fixed about 500 assets in the last few weeks. I haven't run into anything that is "unfixable."

Manual fixing isn't that bad though. If you're quick on the keyboard with copy 'n' paste, most things go pretty quickly.

Back