Asset Fix: Primary and Alpha Texture are not the same size...

O

Orloldman

While fixing an asset, I came across the following errors:

Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'gondola4axlebn521555ant_art/gondola4axlebn521555ant_512.tga' for texture file 'gondola4axlebn521555ant_art/gondola4axlebn521555ant_art_512.texture.txt'.
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'gondola4axlebn521555ant_art/gondola4axlebn521555ant_art_512.texture.txt'

I can see both the primary and the alpha textures in PEVSoft Images2TGA for the texture but can't figure out how to resize them to fix the error.

Can this be done with a program like Photoshop or should I just redo the icon section of the config.txt file and move on? I have a few of these to do and resizing sounds like less work... if it can be done.

Thanks
Duane

Moin,

You can use a simple graphic program as IrfanView to resize. Have a look at the size of both graphic files and change one of them to the same as the other.
If the one is 512x128 pix, the other must have the same size. Remember, the size must be ever a power of 2.

I think I misspoke above.

What I have is one texture file that, when opened in PEVTool Images2TGA, I can see the image and its alpha CHANNEL. I take it that the error message is telling me that these two things, WITHIN the texture file, are not the same size.

Can I resize the alpha channel to get it to match the image size WITHIN the texture file?

Sorry for the confuse... Trainz often is a good challenge for me!

Duane

The art files are only for viewing the thumbnail pictures and the alpha channel is used to block out the background so only the object shows. In this respect the alpha channel is not necessary for using or enjoying the asset. Consequently, if I have such a problem as this, I edit the texture.txt files in the art folder to delete the alpha line to get rid of the error so I can use the asset. Correcting thumbnail alpha channel problems is a waste of time.

Bob

The art files are only for viewing the thumbnail pictures and the alpha channel is used to block out the background so only the object shows. In this respect the alpha channel is not necessary for using or enjoying the asset. Consequently, if I have such a problem as this, I edit the texture.txt files in the art folder to delete the alpha line to get rid of the error so I can use the asset. Correcting thumbnail alpha channel problems is a waste of time.

Bob

Excellent! Just tried and it worked great. Saved some typing and fooling around with images.

Thanks for the tip.
Duane

Back