yards

Do some reading HERE, You might find something interesting;)

You can find info on both Ida Yard and Ida Terminal. Each of the are huge.

Lars

My Waseka & Kankakee route on the DLS, while fictional, contains a model of the Union Pacific's Livonia Yard in Livonia, Louisiana, designed to handle 3000 carloads a day.

I don't know why you would want anything bigger than the Toronto Rail Land route. It's essentially a 3 mile long gigantic yard and has 2 large round houses, one 32 stall and one 36 stall. If you load a forth of the yard with rolling stock it will run like a power point presentation:p

Bob

However .....

It was a joke, son, a joke.:p
If anybody wants to model UP's Baily Yard, there is a great 12 page article covering the yard in the current, July 2010, issue of Trains magazine. The article contains a description of the operations and a 4 page pullout track schematic detailing all the facilities. Availible in newstands or at www.TrainsMag.com, Kalmbach Publishing. I am not an employee ofthe publisher, just both a real train and a Trainz sim fan.
Irving

If anybody wants to model UP's Baily Yard, there is a great 12 page article covering the yard in the current, July 2010, issue of Trains magazine. The article contains a description of the operations and a 4 page pullout track schematic detailing all the facilities. Availible in newstands or at www.TrainsMag.com, Kalmbach Publishing. I am not an employee ofthe publisher, just both a real train and a Trainz sim fan.
Irving

It figures... I just let my subscription expire because I didn't get a chance to read too much of each issue. This one would of been one of the keepers for reference.

One of the other reasons for letting my subscription lapse is I have trouble reading the text. It appears as though the text has been getting smaller and smaller over the years, and reading the magazine became a futile lesson on frustration.

John

I don't know why you would want anything bigger than the Toronto Rail Land route. It's essentially a 3 mile long gigantic yard and has 2 large round houses, one 32 stall and one 36 stall. If you load a forth of the yard with rolling stock it will run like a power point presentation:p

Bob
where can i get it?

Search...Keywords: "Yard"

Mohawk Yard (caddylars)

McCall Yard (derrmy)

Matlin Yard (3 versions by leefer)

New Animated Yard (mrscsi)

Alliance Yard (joshmiester)

Back