Trainz Exporter for Blender 2.5

John

After you click on export to Trainz look on left side for Recent. It should show Blender folder. Click on that and then you will be saving it to the Blender folder. Your im file will be there as well as the texture. text files that were created. If you have your textures in their own folder they will not show in the blender folder. Pev's mesh viewer will not work unless all the needed files are in the same folder.

The folder C:Blender25\trunk\xmler does not exist.

You must designate one.

blender instead of xmler

If you click the blender in the recent , it will change to the correct location

C:\Blender25\trunk\blender

Then your export should work

Dave

I have 2.49b working now but the problem was more basic than that. I couldn't see where to copy the export.py file in.

Thanks John

I'm getting a strange error with the exporter:

Code:
AttributeError: 'Object' object has no attribute 'matrix'

It works fine up until it starts the mesh section. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the 32 bit Blender 2.5 and a very simple model to start.

I'm getting a strange error with the exporter:

Code:
AttributeError: 'Object' object has no attribute 'matrix'

It works fine up until it starts the mesh section. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the 32 bit Blender 2.5 and a very simple model to start.

Make sure all your faces have a texture applied.

Look on the log and it should tell you which one is missing texture.

Just following up on 2.5. Trying to export the mesh and xml file wont go were I want it too. When I put the path in it will export to the location of the blender file. I think the script has a problem.

Just following up on 2.5. Trying to export the mesh and xml file wont go were I want it too. When I put the path in it will export to the location of the blender file. I think the script has a problem.

Blender 2.53 is still beta, hence the script will be as well until they sort it out, the script area or python bit is where Blender is undergoing changes at the moment. Once its stable life should be easier.

Cheerio John

Hello All,

Not exactly sure if this is the right place, since I'm still happely using the 069 exporter with blender build 2.49b, but I was wondering if anybody had given any thought about including an Animation Event file (*.evt) export option in the upcoming exporter. It definitly isn't in the 069 one and it certainly would come in handy at the moment. :hehe:

Greetings from sunny Amsterdam,

Jan

Last edited:
Where to place exporter in 2.57

Okay call me stupid but i have downloaded Blender 2.57 and for the life of me I can't find any directory called "\script\io" so i can find where to save the exporter to. I am really thinking blender is very hard to get my head around. Can any body help me. I am getting use to the interface as I can no create a simple mode but beyond that no go...

Okay call me stupid but i have downloaded Blender 2.57 and for the life of me I can't find any directory called "\script\io" so i can find where to save the exporter to. I am really thinking blender is very hard to get my head around. Can any body help me. I am getting use to the interface as I can no create a simple mode but beyond that no go...

Download the exporter to your desktop, don't even try to put it in the right place. When you install the add-on via Blender it will be put in the correct place automatically. Then when you know where it is, put TrainzMeshImporter.exe in the same place. I don't know who is telling you to put it in scripts/io, it seems that it wants to live in scripts/addons.

Try my tutorial at www.mickberg.com.

Mick Berg.

Last edited:
Download the exporter to your desktop, don't even try to put it in the right place. When you install the add-on via Blender it will be put in the correct place automatically. Then when you know where it is, put TrainzMeshImporter.exe in the same place. I don't know who is telling you to put it in scripts/io, it seems that it wants to live in scripts/addons.

Try my tutorial at www.mickberg.com.

Mick Berg.

Hey mick, Little poblem,

My system took a dump and I had to reload everything.
When I got back to TrainzMeshimporter, I realized that the file has no extention, .exe, it is just plain TrainzMeshImporter.
Thiis is the file from the link on your site.

Is this normal? I did not notice last time I installed it.

By the way, I tried that bevel tool, real easy and works great.

Last edited:
Hey mick, Little poblem,

My system took a dump and I had to reload everything.
When I got back to TrainzMeshimporter, I realized that the file has no extention, .exe, it is just plain TrainzMeshImporter.
Thiis is the file from the link on your site.

Is this normal? I did not notice last time I installed it.

By the way, I tried that bevel tool, real easy and works great.
I will look into this and clarify. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe you have your extensions hidden????
Mick.

Back