Hated Locomotive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any GE Widecabs(D9-40CWs,Evolution series,P42DCs), except for Dash 8-40CWs. Even though I prefer it in Conrail paint.

I hate this one:
Alvia-130-400x300.jpg
I think the mallard face looks so much nicer than the stomped duck Talgo 350. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bozzydk/2282952321/
It's not as nice as an inductive levitation train, but it's certainly an improvement.

:cool:Claude

The narrow gauge was the backbone of the mining industry. With out narrow gauge we would have never had the atom bomb that ended WW2.

Before anyone gets pissy, This is completely true. There were materials discovered and shipped by the D & RGW/RGS Narrow Gauge that were used in the creation of Atomic Bombs.

no arguements here,narrow gauge lines played a critical role in this case when it came down to hauling what was needed and was cheaper to build than a standard gauge railroad line,but in terms of narrow gauge locomotives, I just don't like some of the diesels that was built for this gauge!;)

Last edited:
I hate anything, that's not builted in North America. I also hate GE locos, that Union Pacific haves. Personally, GE & UP are both overrated.

G'day! :wave:

I hate the SP Cab-forwards. Butt ugly lookin' things they are! :hehe:

PS. Feel free to get pissy with me! ^^

Cheers! :)

Jake.

G'day! :wave:

I hate the SP Cab-forwards. Butt ugly lookin' things they are! :hehe:

PS. Feel free to get pissy with me! ^^

Cheers! :)

Jake.

You dont know how much that hurts me as a SP fan. But I dont care. I personaly think that there are certain Australian Engines both steam and diesel that if I saw them in real life i would have holes in the back of my head from my eyes tryin to get away.

Ok, so what is it that I realy hate?...
*snip*...hate GE locos, that Union Pacific haves. Personally, GE & UP are both overrated.
Nevermind, my answer was already taken:hehe:

Amtraktrainzfan: "stupidest" loco you've ever seen? Now, I don't care for the AEM7 as much as some people do, and I find it to be a very comparative statement to say the least, but wouldn't you say the AEM-7 would be a more "tasteless" design compared to say, an F59PHI(even if you could compare the two). I don't think any train engine is stupid. I dunno, just my 0.02

As for me, well, I have distaste for anything pre-WWII. Not a big fan of the old fashioned stuff, maybe a few British steam engines and one or two types of streamlined American steam engines(think ESE Hudson and N&W J-Type). Passenger streamliners are okay too, they emerged just before WWII, but I count it as post-WWII. It just doesn't do it for me. I'm not a very big fan of "modern" North American cargo diesels either(high, low hoods, switchers, etc.), I find the design very bland and looks cheap. I don't know why, but then again freight and cargo trains don't appeal to me too much anyways. On another note, there can be some rather disgusting modern high speed designs too; A good example is the Shinkansen with "cat ears".

Last edited:
I also don't like the MP 36 and most SD 70ACe's. It has a weird looking front

Last edited:
Amtraktrainzfan: "stupidest" loco you've ever seen? Now, I don't care for the AEM7 as much as some people do, and I find it to be a very comparative statement to say the least, but wouldn't you say the AEM-7 would be a more "tasteless" design compared to say, an F59PHI(even if you could compare the two). I don't think any train engine is stupid. I dunno, just my 0.02

As for me, well, I have distaste for anything pre-WWII. Not a big fan of the old fashioned stuff, maybe a few British steam engines and one or two types of streamlined American steam engines(think ESE Hudson and N&W J-Type). Passenger streamliners are okay too, they emerged just before WWII, but I count it as post-WWII. It just doesn't do it for me. I'm not a very big fan of "modern" North American cargo diesels either(high, low hoods, switchers, etc.), I find the design very bland and looks cheap. I don't know why, but then again freight and cargo trains don't appeal to me too much anyways. On another note, there can be some rather disgusting modern high speed designs too; A good example is the Shinkansen with "cat ears".

the loco itself looks dumb but the performance is thumbs up

Who says bl20gh sucks. Brookville built a pretty good locomotive. It may be ugly from the back but the front seems a bit likt a gp40. It has ditch lights and it is low emmisions which helps the community. Not much pollution. They take off pretty fast. Well, i know New haven #125 took off fast. Nothing is hated. I like it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back