how to change interior of loco(even passenger cars)

kamran

plz tell me how to change the interior of loco
can it be done using cmp or its a 3d modeling related?

hi

i had done this many times but when i launch trainz and select such loco then such loco is not visible but its sound is comming its horn is working and working fully but invisible
when i commit loco after changing cab many errors comes related to textures

those are what trainz uses to reconizes them. you can still use it in game. i belive there was a program that would create the texture.txt files but i dont remember what it is

It would be better if you would post the kuid number of the loco you are trying to change and the kuid of the interior you want to use.

Bob

It would be better if you would post the kuid number of the loco you are trying to change and the kuid of the interior you want to use.

Bob
is it possible that a loco can be assigned a specific interior or it can be assigned any interior
diesel loco>any diesel cab interior
electric loco>any electric cab interior

Better still. If you don,t know how to do it (and I don't) then don't change it.
There,s plenty of other stock available.
baz

Its simple really, but it doesn't work on every locomotive, simply go into CMP, open the loco for edit using Windows Explorer, don't open for edit in CMP, as that isn't how it will work, next open the config file, look for the word "interior", and change the original kuid for the kuid you wish to use, but also look for the original kuid down on the kuid table, that would be a list of kuid's usually toward the bottom of the page, if you find the original interior kuid down there, you need to change it there as well, or it won't show up in game.

Err what version of Trainz is this for ? ? ? ? ?

as it does not show near your name that you have any Trainz !

i am using trs 2009 and the reason why there is no serial key registered against mine bcz i and my friend uses the same computer (as i live in his house bcz of studying abroad) so he has installed trainz in his computer and i play trainz on his computer and i dont use his planet auran profile bcz its against privacy

the reason for changing interior is that i had downloaded dash 9 locomotives from download station but almost none of them has any interior

and few from other sites but they have f7 interior
this s the reason why i am asking this question

errors while changing interior

when i try to change interior of Loco GE Dash 9 Alaska Rail Road following errors appears while committing

Warning: Aliased meshes cannot currently be verified by Content Creator Plus.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_1a.tga' for texture file 'digit_1a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_1b.tga' for texture file 'digit_1b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_1c.tga' for texture file 'digit_1c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_2a.tga' for texture file 'digit_2a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_2b.tga' for texture file 'digit_2b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_2c.tga' for texture file 'digit_2c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_3a.tga' for texture file 'digit_3a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_3b.tga' for texture file 'digit_3b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_3c.tga' for texture file 'digit_3c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_3d.tga' for texture file 'digit_3d.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_4a.tga' for texture file 'digit_4a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_4b.tga' for texture file 'digit_4b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_4c.tga' for texture file 'digit_4c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_4d.tga' for texture file 'digit_4d.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_5a.tga' for texture file 'digit_5a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_5b.tga' for texture file 'digit_5b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_5c.tga' for texture file 'digit_5c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_5d.tga' for texture file 'digit_5d.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_6a.tga' for texture file 'digit_6a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_6b.tga' for texture file 'digit_6b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_6c.tga' for texture file 'digit_6c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_6d.tga' for texture file
'digit_6d.texture.txt'.

Last edited:
I used CM to Edit - Edit in Explorer the config.txt file. Deleted all of those digit texture.txt lines then added a cab (AC44 CNW int, kuid:52779:55016) with this line:

interior kuid:52779:55016

saved and comitted

The loco now has an interior and works in CAB and DCC modes.

Bob

I used CM to Edit - Edit in Explorer the config.txt file. Deleted all of those digit texture.txt lines then added a cab (AC44 CNW int, kuid:52779:55016) with this line:

interior kuid:52779:55016

saved and comitted

The loco now has an interior and works in CAB and DCC modes.

Bob

when i perform such operation following errors appears and again loco become invisible but its working properly

Error: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.

None of those messages should show as errors. When I installed the loco in TRS2006 and deleted the those texture files it commits without any errors or warnings. When installed in TS2009 and TS2010 and edit out the texture files, it commits with just these:

Regardless, the loco works ok.

Bob

yea these errors doesnt obstole in the working of loco but the only problem is tha loco become invisible and all other things works prefect

still looking for good help r if some one helps me i can send him loco and he will perform the necessary action on loco to add cab to it
plzzzzzzzzz

Back