Kankakee Area near miss with F4 Tornado! Hopkins Park in Danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaFebuff

That's So Trainz Forum
Issued by The National Weather Service
Chicago, IL
10:38 pm CDT, Sat., Jun. 5, 2010

... A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR NORTHERN NEWTON AND SOUTHEASTERN KANKAKEE COUNTIES UNTIL 1100 PM CDT...

AT 1032 PM CDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR AND STORM SPOTTERS WERE TRACKING A LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR HOPKINS PARK... OR 7 MILES SOUTH OF MOMENCE... MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.

THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR... CONRAD... LAKE VILLAGE AND ENOS AROUND 1050 PM CDT. ROSELAWN AROUND 1100 PM CDT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TORNADOES ARE DIFFICULT TO SEE AT NIGHT. TAKE COVER NOW.

This warning is out as I type... Pray for those in the path.

We ended up with about 3 tornadoes. We (my friend and I) were enjoying a nice evening gearing up to have a game sleepover. The sirens were activated around 9:00pm, and the Bourbonnais system wailed. A tornado spotted to the west was quickly approaching, and threatened Bourbonnais. After deactivation, the tornado threat was dropped. Until 9:45, when the sirens blared once again for a severe rotation spotted at North Kankakee County. This time... it was bad. Though it missed the Kankakee Area, unofficial... an F3/4 mile-wide (no joke, it was spotted as a mile-wide monster) tornado has struck the township of St. Anne. :eek: The tornado report came to us as we huddled at a neighbors when they got a call from a friend that the fire department was active, and theirs siren blaring. The condition of the town is unknown. The tornado may still be going as we speak. The storm seems to have moved Eastward... tornado threats following swiftly. :( I deeply hope no one is dead. It seems there was damage done by another tornado up near the Wisconsin/Illinois border up North from Bourbonnais... Only the morning will show what has been released.

Joshua

Me and Austin (zues) probably were first to know - We were both talking to a good friend on Gmail and he said he had to go.

His last words before he got off;

'tornado on ground'

Sort of puts how much we complain about our weather into perspective. We had a hurricane, well a wind slightly in excess of 100mph when I lived in Kent in 1986 after Micheal Fish the weather man back then said he'd had a call from someone saying they'd heard a hurricane was on the way but he brushed it off saying we'd be in for a stiff breeze.

And we had a tornado that rattled a few roof slates and it filled the news broadcasts for 3 days, tabloids said that "petrofied people spotted a tornado and fleed for their houses"

I hope all wil turn out well

:D

Andy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back