Hunt for the HotRod!

Is there anyway I can get the engine without the first class ticket?(maybe someone should send it)

Zec's post earlier in this thread answers your question. You can't legally get it without an FCT. The FCT is worth it anyway, as the pitiful download speed of around 4 kilobytes a second that you get without an FCT is extremely slow. You can get a download speed of roughly around 100 times that with an FCT.

Regards,

Zachary.

It's there, I just found it. You have to tick the last box (Pre Sp3). Title 1 Hot Rod Special F7, kuid:999999:2222. You may still need a FCT as per Zec to DL though. I cloned it and it is running error free in TS12 with detailed blomberg trucks (bogies). It has been downloaded 6,146 times.

Try this. Open up Content Manager Custom and change Installed to false. For Asset Kuid enter 999999:2222. This should give you 1 Hot Rod Special F7 by robins. Right click on the entry and select Asset Versions. In the new window you will see the updated 3.5 version to download. It should download the dependencies OK.

For NSWGR_46Class's Hot Rod B unit repeat using 73150:100970 and you will get his F7 Hotrod B unit which you can download.

The Hot Rod Special works OK for me in TRS19.

sorry but the hotrod F7A unit is FCT access only so if you want it, get an FCT, and DL it immediately.

weellllllllllllll, i have a teeny tiny problem. today i was transfering the hotrods over to my trainz mac and the enginespec (the newer one) is faulty. the older one, is obsolete (yes january 2003!) and i dont know how to fix it. any help would be appreciated... (yeah sorry i posted this on the other hotrod f7 post soooooooooo.....:eek:

Without knowing the KUID, game version or the actual errors, nobody can help you. I can guess though: The newer version is intended for a higher build then yours. If so, just delete the latest version; this will also make the previous version no longer obsolete.

<kuid:999999:42004250> old e-spec
<kuid2:999999:42004250:1> new e-spec
Version: Trainz Simulator Mac Build 47770
Pretty sure that Trainz Mac is based off 2009 or 2010 (not entirely sure)
I already tried the latest version deletion, didn't work for some reason. Deleted latest, tried to DL old, for some reason, it said searching then instantly stopped. I wonder if DL-ing the old e-spec has to do with my FCT expiring.
The box said:
Searching item "F7_hotrodX"...
Complete.
I don't know how this keeps happening.

<kuid2:999999:42004250:1> new e-spec
That asset is build 3.6, which is too high for the version of the game you have (if it is indeed equal to TS2010) so you should not download that.

If you search the web based DLS for the old KUID number, you should be able to download the old spec.

Back