Hunt for the HotRod!

SantaFebuff

That's So Trainz Forum
Okay. I need to annouce that Auran has wiped everything PreSP3 off the DLS for good. Even the old DLS won't show any download buttons. So, I was looking for a very very special fella:

nohotrod.jpg

Anyone have him? Anyone have Trainz long enough to have downloaded it? If so, could you e-mail it too: email address removed ?

It's a classic icon of Trainz. You know, and it's a real shame it should fall to what Auran wants for it's future. So, if ANYONE has it, I would love to see it, and love to try to blow new life into it. :wave:

Cheers,
Joshua

Last edited by a moderator:
:D Thank you hert!

Aw, it won't download, and it says I don't have access to this file when I click "Download Page"...

Cheers!
Joshua

Okay. I need to annouce that Auran has wiped everything PreSP3 off the DLS for good. Even the old DLS won't show any download buttons....
Cheers,
Joshua
I've just looked and there are still 786 Pre SP3 items there for me on the DLS page. The Hot Rod was always a special case and was hidden. Ithink you need an FCT for it.

I did a search on my local folder. I see there is a F7 Hotrod built in. There are no thumbnails for any of them so I do not know if they are the correct ones

hotrod,<kuid:41426:42004250> boweavel
hotrod,<kuid:50567:42004250> idiotbouy
F7 hotrodX,<kuid:999999:42004250> robins 2003 Ooops there is a thumbnail for this
hotrod bog,<kuid:999999:100100> robins 2003 Ooops there is a thumbnail for this and it looks like the one you are after
F7 hotrod,<kuid:-1:42004250> Auran

1 Hot Rod Special F7,<kuid:999999:2222> 2003 robins found this on another search

Last edited:
F7 hotrodX,<kuid:999999:42004250> robins 2003 Ooops there is a thumbnail for this
hotrod bog,<kuid:999999:100100> robins 2003 Ooops there is a thumbnail for this and it looks like the one you are after
F7 hotrod,<kuid:-1:42004250> Auran

1 Hot Rod Special F7,<kuid:999999:2222> 2003 robins found this on another search

Could you pack up these and send them to: email address removed For the Auran file, just open it for edit, and take it's editing folder, what you see if you look at it, and copy the folder and send the copy to me. Only if you wouldn't mind. If you do, then don't worry.

Cheers,
Joshua

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys
Please remember, distributions assets without the original author's permission is not permitted.

In the case of the HotRod F7, this is only available for download for those who do have a FCT (it is an 'extra' for those who purchase/activate an FCT).

Further to this, we do not currently have plans to remove any content from the DLS. The search website has been limited to show a smaller amount of content per search, however if you are after a specific item, then you should still be able to find it.

I have also removed the email addresses in this thread, so as to prevent the users from receiving spam. We do not recommend posting your email address publicly, due to the spamming that can occur by doing so.

Just out of interest, why should you get it for free ???

This line has potential to open up a whole can of worms David.

What you are actually paying for is a faster download speed, not the asset in question. A lot of people always seem to get the wrong idea as to why payment is needed.

Ahh, but that's where they get you. "You can get this for free but only if you buy an FCT." Kind of makes me think of donationware.

As the Hotrod was done by the original brew crew it belongs to Auran, so they can do with it what they will.

Cheers David

:D Thank you hert!

Aw, it won't download, and it says I don't have access to this file when I click "Download Page"...

Cheers!
Joshua

I was able to download the hotrod F7 yesterday and spent most of this morning getting it to show up in surveyor and run in driver using TRZ 06. Cloned it, saved as CDP and imported into TRZ 09. After some more repairs it is up and running in TRZ 09. However, top speed in driver is 71 MPH. Pretty slow for a hot rod, but it does look good.

Last edited:
Back