Missing texture files

nfitzsimmons

I'm trying to fix broken assets in 2009. I have ahuge number of them where the CM2 error message tells me that whatever.texture is missing from whatever.im. I do searches in Explorer in the open for edit foldes, and never seem to find any .texture files in these cases.

What am I missing?

I'm trying to fix broken assets in 2009. I have ahuge number of them where the CM2 error message tells me that whatever.texture is missing from whatever.im. I do searches in Explorer in the open for edit foldes, and never seem to find any .texture files in these cases.

What am I missing?

In some cases you need to delete the .texture.txt file. The corresponding texture is missing, and this file refers to the missing texture. By deleting this file, the asset should load fine.

Now if the texture exists, but the asset is reported broken, try PEV's tools to fix the asset.

PM to IM is one, and the other is Texture2tga.

John

No matching .txt files, either.

Looking at the contents of the referenced .im files I find that these "missing" .texture files are called from in there. I suspect this means that these assets are irrevocably broke.

Another thing you could do is find a bog standard texture from another asset and import it across and rename it. I recomend tho at first you use bright colour completly different to the loco to see if the texture shows anywhere if it does use an approiate texture (if you can find one) if it doesn't then use a plain black texture to cut down as much as possible on frame rates.

Hope this helps (I have thousands of missing / unable to load texture problems)

While we're on about this is there a rule as to when you use bmp or tga file extentions, just wondering why some locos have both bmp and tga files?

:D

Andy

While we're on about this is there a rule as to when you use bmp or tga file extentions, just wondering why some locos have both bmp and tga files?

:D

Andy

There are two reasons. One being the BMP file is the alpha channel for the texture. The second is the original creator had created both for some reason and left them both so they were both exported with the original model.

John

Well The Easy way is to download PEVSOFT Images2TGA Becuase it get rids of missing textures And edit engines or reskin them Shane Turner (aka.shaneturner12) made it. Ask him he will put you on his site to download it

Well The Easy way is to download PEVSOFT Images2TGA Becuase it get rids of missing textures And edit engines or reskin them Shane Turner (aka.shaneturner12) made it. Ask him he will put you on his site to download it

Actually it's Peter Villaume (PEV) who is the creator for the PEVSoft tools - I'm the one that hosts the downloads for him (and I should point out that the last post before yours was back in 2010).

Shane

I actually have a solution for the above problem. I use 2010, and a lot of engines did not work for me for about 7 months. It pulled up the "missing texture.txt file and/or missing mesh file error. I tried and tried to fix them, but didn't make anything better. Well, a couple of months ago, I was fiddling around in the settings for Driver or Surveyor when I saw a "compatibility mode" button. I enabled it and the engines worked after restarting the simulator.

Back