New to Trainz need help

My 8 year old son has really gotten into the Trainz 2006 game and create several sessions/routes. Recently he cannot launch Trz 2006 due to a 'fatal error' I loaded another instance of 2006 onto the computer but cannot get his sessions into the new instance. From what I have read I need to use the CMP app, but I get fatal errors and cannot launch it in either session. Can anyone please help?? Thx

PS we are also trying to load a narrow gauge engine we downloaded,but I cannot figure out how to get it imported into 2006 any help would be appreciated.

Hello

If you installed a complete new instance of Trainz, then your old content won't appear in it. However, you can copy the local folder from the old version's folder into the new version's, it will then be recognised by the new instance. I'm not sure the exact folder, but if you search the forums you will find some reference to backing up and restoring your own content. It is probably world\content or something...

For your ng loco, if you downloaded it through Content Manager, then it will automatically be installed. However, if you downloaded the .CPD file separately, then you need to point Content Manager at the file, so it can import it. Fire up CM then go into the file menu and then import CPD files. Its obvious from there. Remember you have to commit any newly imported items before they become available. click on the "open for edit" tab at the top of the screen and you will see any open items - right-click them and choose edit then commit. Or highlight and press <Ctrl>M, does the same thing.

Hope this helps

Regards
Chris

You may need to rebuild the content database.

Open up the C:program Files\Auran\TRS2006 folder and look for the file named Asset.tdx.

Delete this file.

Launch CMP.

Let it run, and it may take some time to rebuild the database.

Once this is done, relaunch Trainz, and your program will run fine.

Hope this helps. I'm doing this from memory, so hopefully others can fill in the details.

John

Don't worry John, I can fill in on some of the details.

When repairing the Trainz Asset Database in TRS2006, one needs to delete assets.tdx and assets.bku (which is in the Cache folder). Once done, it is best to launch Trainz directly rather than using CMP - even though it takes it's time to load into the main menu, it will make sure the asset database is correctly re-built. Once done, CMP can then update the database to reflect the latest DLS content.

Back