Transferring TZ2009 content to 2010

TopAce82

Okay, i know this might be answered several times but i am too lazy to search for them. :(

So just a quick question, how do i transfer my trainz 2009 content to 2010 or does the install search for the existing content automatically?

Okay, i know this might be answered several times but i am too lazy to search for them. :(

So just a quick question, how do i transfer my trainz 2009 content to 2010 or does the install search for the existing content automatically?

Simple to do:

1) Install TS2010 as an "upgrade" and it will automatically bring in your TS2009 content without a problem.

2) Install TS2010 as a stand-alone program.

a) Install all service packs before doing anything else.
b) Import your content using CM 3.2
c) Commit the imported items

The latter process can take quite some time depending upon how much data you have to import.

Hope this helps.

John

Thanks a lot for the info.

So for the second option i just use content manager to import them manually or do i need to archive old content first?

Moin,

No, you don´t need archive first.
Simple go into CM 3.2 menu, choose "Import content..." and let him import your 2009´s local folder.

Thanks, I just tried this today. It worked for the most part but a good number of my locomotives and rolling stock complain of missing the source for texture files. I can't figure out why...

Any thoughts are appreciated,

Thanks, I just tried this today. It worked for the most part but a good number of my locomotives and rolling stock complain of missing the source for texture files. I can't figure out why...

Any thoughts are appreciated,

Highlight the content, and check for errors. Many of the errors will disappear. It takes a minute or two for the database to refresh.

There also maybe errors. There are some utilities you can run including tex2tga from PEVSoft, which come with TS2010. Check the Extras/Third Party Add-ons folder for information on how to configure and use this program.

John

And how would I go about "Checking for Errors"?

Check under the Faulty tab in Content Manager (CM). There will be red ! for every item the program deems faulty.

If you highlight them and choose View Errors and Warnings by right mouse-button clicking, many of the errors will disappear. Items that still have errors will be listed in the window.

John

Back