Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Project - Installation Instructions

mgoose

I have Trainz 2009 and am very interested in trying to install the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Project on it. I have found the DHR download page and have downloaded the files and have the decryption password from the same site. I have been looking for some installation instructions, but clicking the DHR link on the website takes me to a GoDaddy.com site which does not, as far as I can tell, have any such instructions. Can anyone please indicate where I might find the installation instructions. I am very new to Trainz and, as yet, do not fully understand the procedures for installing new content, routes, senarios etc. Help will be greatly appreciated. Regards.

Hello Mgoose:

The DHR was released quite a while ago and the support site went up just before it was released. Lately, the site had been hacked repeatedly and we closed it down.

The thread Donzer63 quotes is the release thread and contains the password you need. The password does NOT exist on the public DHR site anywhere.

Basically, you need to unzip each of the files IN ORDER and use the Content Manager to import content into the game. Do not try and import all of the content at the same time as errors can creep into it. It is best accomplished by taking maybe 50 or 60 at a time.

If you have any troubles installing the route, post back here and one of us will try and help you.

EDIT: Here is the thread that discusses installation: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=52716

Cheers,

Bill

Last edited:
Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Installation Instructions.

Thank you both for your information and advice. I will try to install over the next few days and will post again if I encounter problems. Regards

Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Project - Installation

Further to my previous post, I have installed the unzipped contents of the "Content 1" file, split, as you advised, into 50 items at a time. However, I note from the Content Page that 19 of the items are shown as "Faulty", 6 have "Warning" and 4 have "Missing Dependancies". Should I continue to install the other Content Files or is something going wrong? Can you please advise. Regards.

Keep installing. Some of the missing items will be complete when you install all of the items. When we broke the content up into separate ZIP files, we didn't take into consideration dependencies.

EDIT: There are also two "last minute files". They hold updated content that was faulty the first time through. Instlal the five first, and then the two last minutes files.

Bill

Last edited:
Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Project - Installation

Thank you once again for your prompt reply. Regards

I have just downloaded you darjeeling project, with the intention of using it for Trainz 2010, but when i try to do 'Import CPD' the files do not appear. Is there a way to change the file type so they do appear or is there just another way of doing it.
Thanks, Tim

The files you downloaded are NOT in CDP format. They are in executable ZIP file format (with an EXE extension). You have to double-click the files to extract them to a new folder. Before that will happen, you need to supply the password (given in ther very first post of this thread).

Once decrypted, you can import them into 2010 easily. Make sure you use the latest files for 2010. The files on the DHR site are for lesser versions of the DHR. Back a few pages of this thread Peter (Narrowgauge) posted the links for the updated CDPs.

If you have any trouble, come back here and post so we can help.

Bill

The files you downloaded are zip files, not CDP files. you first need to unzip them using a program like WinZip or 7zip (windows comes with one built in). Then you need to use the "Import Content" feature of Content Manager, not the "Import CDP". Read the threads linked & most of your questions will be answered there. There might be a few of the 'last minute' and 'upgrade' files that are in cdp format, but you won't be needing those until later in the installation project.

peter

The later updated files are in encrypted zip files as before, using the same decryption key but inside they are all in CDP format and will installl directly. Use the later files for TRS2009, they have all been tested in TS12. There should be no errors, only warnings that can be ignored. This thread reminds me that I should get all the files together and get Dave to put them on our web site.

Peter, the entire route is updated and repacked. I didn't just repack the faulty items so I suggest that installing the originals is waste of time.

Peter

Last edited:
for some reason i cant find the download page to get the layouts is there anywhere i can find it

It's actually all on the DLS now and updated for TS12 and works fine in TANE, there is a TANE update in the works as well.

Route:
<kuid2:44700:810000:7> Darjeeling Himalayan Ry TS12 Orig

Sessions:
<kuid2:44700:820080:5> Kurseong-Darjeeling
<kuid2:44700:820000:5> Darjeeling-Kurseong
<kuid2:44700:820070:5> Sonada-Darjeeling

Hello Trainz freinds
I`m Nils from northern Germany and am desperately looking for a solution to get the track downloaded and installed into my trainz 2009 version.
I must mention here that the 24 gauge wonderful locomotives and some NG24 rolling stock could be downloaded, without problems.
I have all the fantastic looking scenery ( KUID2:44700:810000:6 )sucessfully installed, but am missing the complete track itself. In this forum I read a message from Peter advising that
possibly KUID2:44700:810000;7 might be required, so I looked it up on the DLS and found it, but it also shows up a notice that this KUID........ can not be downloaded because it cannot be found in the DLS ???
Who can please help me along in finding the complete track itself for downloading. Many thanks in advance

Nils

You responded to a 3-year-old thread, Nils. The DHR is still on the DLS and everything you need should be there. At the moment, it is being reworked and will be re-posted under a new KUID. You should get your version of Trainz registered as soon as you can so you will receive more help.

Bill

Thanks for your swift reply Bill, my 2009 Trainz version is registered on the DLS. for years already. Do I understand correctly, that the new DHR (when reworked and reposted und a new KUID on DLS ) will still run on my trainz 2009 ?
When please is the new DHR KUID expected, any scedule ?

Nils

TS2009 is a very old version. The new version of the DHR will not run on it as it is being built for TS2019. As for the old track, You might try downloading an older version of the track KUID by using the "Download this version" menu item. other than that, I can't offer any suggestions. The last version I have in my backups is for T:ANE, and it won't work with your verison, which is older.

Bill

Thanks for your swift reply Bill, my 2009 Trainz version is registered on the DLS. for years already. Do I understand correctly, that the new DHR (when reworked and reposted und a new KUID on DLS ) will still run on my trainz 2009 ?
When please is the new DHR KUID expected, any scedule ?

Nils

For 2009 you need <kuid2:44700:810000:5> or :3 or :2 which are all build number 2.9.
Newer versions won't work properly in 2009 and things like track will be missing, they are for TS12 upwards and the new version will be for TANE so won't run on 2009.

Thanks for the reply, Malc. I have so many versions floating around in my archives, it's hard to keep them straight. That was the answer I was looking for.]

Bill

Back