Can't Remove this Grass !

Hello everyone,

I recently downloaded a great little UK route by Nawlins, "Glasgow Queen St. 2007".

It has this grass growing in some places along the tracks which bothers me, (it seems to grow up out of the ground as you approach it). I tried to "get" it while set in All in the Surveyor. Both as an object and as a spline.. It can't be "gotten" so I could not see its' name.

It can't be moved or height-adjusted or deleted. In Trainz Objectz, there are a few grasses in the route, under built-in I believe, named Grass *** [test].

This grass looks like an earlier, simple "X shaped" grass of one bright color, not very complex. I'm wondering if perhaps it become corrupted, because during a recent move to a new hard drive, one piece of track and one tree had lost color. I re-extracted them and the problem was solved!

But this grass cannot be gotten! Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks much, Bob P.

(I'm using 2004 Sp4)

Last edited:
From your description, it sounds like a clutter-mesh texture. Try the "get" texture tab to see what it is and paste over with a texture that is less offending.

I was going to say it was a Texture - Some of the auto-grass ones are just plain hideous.

Stick with splines.

I have the same problem with one of my routes.

Tried everything I can think of but nothing works.

Painting new texture does not get rid of it either.

Keeping an eye on this thread hoping to see someone find a solution that works.

Dennis

I had this problem in my route. Unfortunately I couldn't delete the kuid from my route through CMP, but what I did was cut and paste numerous textures over the entire area. This got rid of them.

Regards

Had same thing in 2004
It was Built in Texture called Grass Green Ground
Kuid No in 2004 is -3:6090.
I hope this helps

Hello again,

Yes, you people are right, It is a texture! I never would have believed that!!

And "clutter mesh", I have seen that term on the DLS and thought it was some kind of hi-res advanced technique! But this particular grass looks and acts so clunky!!

I'm hoping that DeRiCo is wrong, (that it can't be removed, even by painting with a new texture)...

Could it be removed by eliminating it from some Kuid list in the route config file? Or, can Trainz Objectz remove built in stuff like that (if it turns out that it really is built in) ??

I'm hoping so. This texture really does detract from the route, on my computer anyway. Bob P.

remove Grass

Trainzobjectz will remove item
Open Show All Items used in Map
Find relevant Item in list
Right click and in drop down box click on replace item
you then get option to replace with another item or remove
I think it's F8 to remove.
Look in kuid table and find kuid 999.99 and just remove
item should then have gone from route

Ok MchPetch,

This sounds like you have the exact answer to the problem! I will do it, but I'm going to move a little slow on doing it!

Since I am on dial-up, I tend to take my time filling in routes. This route, Glasgow Queen St. 2007, will probably take me a week of leisurely nightly downloading. (since I have most of the UK objects already from previous routes).

I have looked at the Trainz Objects help file, and haven't found out yet if once this kuid is removed (or replaced would be better), will the route be saved to another kuid number. I want to try to avoid that, since I will be using Trainz Helper to continue filling in this route from the DLS.

Thanks to all, and especially MchPetch, for this great information! Bob P.

Well, 999.99 was not in the Trainz Objects list for this route. The other number mentioned , (Grass_grn_grnd (Australia) <KUID:-3:6090> Groundtexture) is !!

Last edited:
Remove Grass

Sorry I think I missed one move.
After you've Removed/Replaced item close T.Objectz
When reopened Show Items used should have item missing and under missing at bottom should be kuid:999;999
just remove this in Kuid Table
Route kuid should not change

One more observation by me please? ... This grass is "growing" out from under another ground texture.

When it "disappears", there is still another perfectly good ground texture there!

So, I assume if I delete the grass from the list, the normal ground texture would still remain there, with no holes or anything?

That sounds right to me, but I just want to make sure!

Thanks. Bob P. ;)

Can't Remove Grass

I know what you mean about grass disappearing leaving plain green tex.
However I think you'll find that plain grass is all part of same kuid.
It's an illusion when Grass appears to disappear.
When Grass Green Ground is removed you should see grey areas.

I know what you mean about grass disappearing leaving plain green tex.
However I think you'll find that plain grass is all part of same kuid.
It's an illusion when Grass appears to disappear.
When Grass Green Ground is removed you should see grey areas.

Oh, MchPetch, That I would not like ! If that is the result, I will probably leave it the way it is...

I did an experiment, (starting a new route on an empty baseboard). First I found Grass01 (under Objects) (I think this is the grass) and I planted them around. At that point, I could move and delete them... Then I found Grass_grn_grnd in Surveyor in Australia (under textures) and I laid some of that texture out.

Then I put some of the grass on top of the texture. (Here's where it went screwy) after a few plants, the grass started sticking to the texture, and could not be gotten or deleted or moved any more!

Even when I just spread more of the texture by itself, it had Grass01 on it without me even putting it there. I guess this is how it happens ....

I then used a "Texture Eraser Mesh" (which I stumbled on while searching for the textures) (and also an "Untexture Grid" texture) Maybe I downloaded these long ago... These Erased the Grass_grn_grnd to a gray baseboard, and then I could delete the Grass01's !!

Somehow I think this is just wonderful !! (but I don't know why:udrool:) ???

Fairly soon, I'm going to try your Trainz Objectz method on a newly created blank route with the "sticky grass", and see what happens! Much fun, actually!!! :wave:

Thanks, and see you a little later! Bob P.

Nope. I tried the removal on the Glasgow route (with the super-dooper double erazor) It erased the texture, but the grass could not be removed !! And the grass is not Grass01, it is slightly different! .....Cry baby Emoticon here !!!

Last edited:
download the texture GRID , paint that on it, it will jump around on ya but i think it did the trick for me after messing around for a while...

Hello Kon1786,

I did a search for the texture called just "GRID" like you said, and it is not there!

I do have a few of Momentum"s grid textures, I believe they did work on removing the textures and freeing up the grass for removal on my test route.

But these did not do the same thing in the Glasgow route. (Couldn't remove the grass) !!

Also tried the "Texture Erazor Mesh" (which says it is designed to work with Erazor), but I can't find "Erazor" on the DLS !! Thanks anyhow !! Bob P.

Probably my last good thought on this ...

The latest thought I had on this is that maybe this texture can be "replaced" using Trainz Objectz ? I was reading an article about how a route's ground textures can be replaced by TO, to make a snow covered winter route out of it.

http://www.virtualrailroader.com/Winterize.pdf

So, possibly this grass problem can be fixed using TO?

I'll be looking back into this when I have some free time! Thanks to all !! Bob P. :)

Back