Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Does anyone still have Landrvr1's stuff?

Joshua,

I'm looking for these, can you send them to me please ?

Thanx

Can someone please send me Landrvr1's NICTD Silverliner content for Trainz 12? my email is loganrex08(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks,
    TrsinzDude439

Just curious, if Landrvr1's assets are fully distributable (as this comes up over and over again), did he not allow putting them on the DLS, and what language would that take? If he said it was free to everyone would that be OK to put it on the DLS?
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” ― R.L.S.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TrainzDude439 View Post
    Can someone please send me Landrvr1's NICTD Silverliner content for Trainz 12? my email is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Thanks,
    TrsinzDude439

Please don't post your email in Public, you need to do it private email, when someone answers to your request, if you leave it here, the Spammers or Bots can make it rough for you, and put you at risk.......Please edit and delete off your message here.....Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Just curious, if Landrvr1's assets are fully distributable (as this comes up over and over again), did he not allow putting them on the DLS, and what language would that take? If he said it was free to everyone would that be OK to put it on the DLS?
    Landrvr1's assets are only distributable by e-mail. He has ordered it so, some years ago.

Regards
    Swordfish

Is there someone still out there with these? I'm interested in those RF-16s, the PRR DR6-4-20 and E7s, and the CB&Q E5.

Honestly at this point i'd stop caring - he's left the TRS community, so why should he get to dictate what people do with the content he made 10 years ago?

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trainzlova8989 View Post
    Honestly at this point i'd stop caring - he's left the TRS community, so why should he get to dictate what people do with the content he made 10 years ago?
    He still owns it, so he can still control his content dispite not being here for the past 10 years.
    Heck, some members leave for 20 years, then make a return back to Trainz and begin updating / creating new content.
    I had read a few of them made a return in the past 3 years

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Actually, in a similar thread, I pointed out that his exact quote was "email / file share" and asked the question whether someone could put the assets out on DropBox, OneDrive, or Google Drive and still follow his exact quote. I did not get much support for the idea. I may have been stretching the point or the intent, but he did not say "email file share", so one has to question what he meant by the slash. Neither does it specifically say "email OR file share"
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” ― R.L.S.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

I think this is pretty clear "Please do not upload to any sites". There isn't any different between posting it on a website and releasing the URL and putting it in a file sharing account which is open to the public and then posting the link to the folder.

Feel free to appoint yourself the guardian of his stuff and gather it all together in one place. Then watch the forum for anyone asking for it if that will make you happy.

I find it hard to believe that it has remain in its original UTC state all these years. I suspect that what is traded about has been updated several times by many users. At least under the current situation, the forum isn't flooded with users asking how to make it work in the latest version.

William

speaking of which can someone throw me it

United States of America, In Front Of My PC

Quote Originally Posted by trainzlova8989 View Post
    I believe that his Copy Write lasts for something like 85 years, when that time comes, you can do with it what you want, but you can not legally do what you want with other people's stuff, even if they have passed away.
    My 4325 car RGCX train is 53.24 miles long, and takes 1 hour to pass through town !

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MP242 View Post
    I believe that his Copy Write lasts for something like 85 years, when that time comes, you can do with it what you want, but you can not legally do what you want with other people's stuff, even if they have passed away.
    Close. It continues as long as the author is alive, and after death, it continues for an additional 70 years.
    For annanonymous / pseudonymous / works made for hire, it endures for 95 years, plus an additional 120 years
    Got this from https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-duration.html

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Curious he has held onto all that stuff.