BEST VERSION OF TRAINZ

Lynn_Forster

Just wondering what people in the community believe is the best version of Trainz....im using 2010 and after looking at the screenshots of other peoples project from trainz before 2010 is looks much better and more detailed as to what 2010 is....

Im thinking of geting maybe 2009 or 2006

your thoughts???

D

The best version for me.....so far.....is 2006. I started with 2004 and became 'hooked' straight away. I quickly moved on to 2006 and love it. I even find CMP easy to use. There are some sound issues with 2006 but nothing that has spoilt my enjoyment.

That said I will be getting 2009 on Monday (my birthday :D ) and am hoping that I will love it as much as I do 2006. If the truth be known I have asked to have it becuase of the potential loss of access to the DLS after September, but I am looking forward to trying my 'present' out and can't wait to get my hands on it!

Andy

i love 2006...probley the best version...i got 2009 becuas i saw that 2006 & 04 are goiong to (as adadadl sayd: )
...loss of access to the DLS after September...
so i got 09....i dont think im getting 2010 tho.....i dont know we will see...wel thats my 100 cents. :hehe:

If it weren't for the foliage, I would be quite happy with 09. The new trees and grass just kills it for me. Sad since so much else was improved. Native mode does run nice but not at the cost of some of my favorite assets and compatibility is utter trash.

If you are interested in trying an older version, the Classics series are nice. If you can find Trainz Railwayz, it comes with 2006 with SP1 and Classics 1 and 2. The idea was to load TC and copy all the content from 2006 into it. Toys R Us had it for $20 not to long ago. Plus, TC 1 & 2 will still be supported until September 2011 and TC 3 until 2012.

My favorite is still 2004. I actually bought it after 2006 because I never could get 2006 to work right with the SP1 until I found Railwayz. 2004 pretty much works with just about everything without all the error headaches and runs very well on my system.

09 is on a shelf and I'm skipping 10. Unless TS2011 does something with the foliage or real upgrades like decent turnouts I'll pretty much just stay with 2004. Does everything I need, just miss the new signaling is all.

Dave......

If you are thinking of TRS2006 or TS2009 you are looking at outdated versions. There is no doubt that TS2010 is the one to get, I have used it since it was released after a year with TS2009 and I would not go back to any of the previous ones, especially TRS2006 or TRS2004, you may not have noticed but both those are not supported after September so why go to an outdated, unsupported program.

Peter

Edit I was not correct about TC 1&2

Last edited:
I started off at 2006, had fun, got 2010 for all it's improvements, never looked back, looks great, performs great, and im just plain addicted to it!

2010 is very good. If you work on routes it is very fast now in loading and getting to your routes to work on them.

I loved Trainz 2006 when that first arrived,

For all UK steam Train fans, I'd choose Trainz Classics UK 3, for the superb Settle to Carlisle route, along with the additional support of rolling stock from the Trainz Classics website,

For anyone interested in UK rail and trains of the world, then I would choose Trainz 2010, which is by far the best, the best feature for me is the introduction of Speedtree, it really brings the routes to life, with moving trees. For some trainzers, the trees sway too much, but for me in the UK, they sway just right...

Joe Airtime

Last edited:
If you have the hardware for it, then 2010. With 2010 Auran has done a huge amount of work bringing Trainz graphics up to date and we should see some great things once creators catch up with what it is capable of- see Ocemy's amazing locos included in the box. Although Chinese stock isn't my personal thing, these high poly, normal mapped locos are things of real creative beauty and show what the latest versions of Trainz are all about. After a long period with 06 I've now moved on to W7 64 bit, and I couldn't persuade 06 to run properly on it. Most of my 06 content has imported fine into 2010, and most of the alpha-blending problems of 09 have been sorted in 2010 with 2x anti-aliasing turned on.

R3

Best version for me is probably my betas :hehe:

But! I'd stick with 2010, the older version really suck up heaps of ram and can grind down with lots of stuff on screen.

The layouts could be sparse due to them being made for older versions of Trainz and simply trying to show lots without grinding things down.

I haven;t tried 2010 yet, but looks pretty good and seems to be streamlined from the on paper stats.

I think that personally, when it comes out, Ill get trainz simulator X.

For the meantime until then, Ill stick with TS2009.:)

If you have the hardware for it, then 2010. With 2010 Auran has done a huge amount of work bringing Trainz graphics up to date and we should see some great things once creators catch up with what it is capable of- see Ocemy's amazing locos included in the box. Although Chinese stock isn't my personal thing, these high poly, normal mapped locos are things of real creative beauty and show what the latest versions of Trainz are all about.

Are Ocemy's 2010-bundled models any different than the ones available on his web site? The latter run fine in 2006 and look great. Are the bundled ones even better?

Thanks,

Rob.

Back