Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland WIP

about

about 5 years ago I managed to walk through the Aberglysn pass before work began...sady the fact that I was young left me not taking pictures :(

Ive managed to update to 2010 now so HOOORRRAAAYYY!

Looking great, keep up the good work!

I 'can't' wait for this to be finished.. Its annoying that actual railway routes get short changed while fictional or generic mainlines are finished left and right

sorry to be a pain clam but any winter progress on the route an associated rolling stock?

OK ....... Progress report

Done quite a lot really, got Pont Croesor bridge done, plus the one at Ddault, Ddault Station masters house, Rhiw Goch signal box, various walls, embankments, cuttings, high res grass textures, the rest of the WHR crossings and bridges excluding the two at Caernarfon which have temporary ones, added ATLS for the crossings at Britannia Bridge, Snowdon Street and Pont Croesor. Built Snowdon Mill, most of the sheds for the WH Heritage railway at Gelerts farm, Some cottages and house, Roads and dirt tracks that don't float! River and stream splines. Plus been experimenting with small 3d trees and bushes, OK here but may be a bit high poly for lower spec PC's
Still got a heck of a lot to do though, filling in the gaps, I'm up to around 600 items I've made for this so far..............

Still having problems with the Valve gear for Lyd and family though, been working on it all day actually and getting nowhere. lol.

Might stick some screenshots up in a bit, if I can tear myself away from this infernal valve gear.

:udrool::udrool:

As usual if you want/need any info about stuff for this, give me a shout :)

Last edited:
Will do :).

Finally I've got the Lyd bogey to work properly, simple problem really, reinstall Gmax.............

Now just tidying Lyd up, have to close a couple of gaps and adjust some textures a bit.

Also made some bogey's for Kevmt's coaches to resolve the made for low track problem.

Looking forward to this route :)

Looks real good and some places in the screen shots, I can see in my mind from previous visits to that area, well done

Well the WHR has open throughout hows the virtual WHR/FR progressing?

Time for another progress report I guess!

Working on the Area between Betws Garmon and Salem at present, had to knock up some bridges and a spillway.
Yet more track variations, needed some deep fill ballasted track to fit with the spillway, made some WHR style level and occupational crossings.
Adjusted the gradients on the WHR part to fit more or less with the Welsh Highland Gradient profile, this is when you find out just how inaccurate in some places DEM's can be! For those who don't know there are a lot of 1 in 40 stretches on the Welsh Highland.

Also in the process of creating various bridges to replace the temporary ones I originally used.

Need to knock up an authentic Station and old goods shed for Dinas rest of the "Landmark" Dinas buildings are done including the Vauxhall Garage and Camping shop, Google Street view came in very handy there.

At the other end I need to produce correct station buildings for Tan-y-Bwlch.

And over all still a lot of trees and stuff to plant.

I'll try and post a few screen shots in a bit.

Is there any chance that the rolling stock will be downloadable too, especially the WHR brown wagon you showed us in the 2nd half of the screenshots, it lokks fab!

Yes all of the rolling stock should be available once I'm happy with it all........

Couple of Screen shots of my attempts at some Welsh Highland type coaches apart from the lengths most of it is guess work based on pictures. bogey's need dirtying up a bit though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WOW!! Im loving Lyd, and the coaches are looking brilliant, cant wait for the download(s):D

Thanks

Those are pretty good models Clam, If you want any side-on views of specific carriages, I have loads as part of a cataloguing project I'm doing.

Last edited:
Amazing clam1952 your 2060 looks better than the real one!
I guess u have done:
Just 2090 and 2020 to do then i cant wait to see how you get on with 2115 and 2100.
Oh and on an unrelated note how did you get all of kevmts and benk87s content to work in 2009+??
thanks
Patrick

Just fixed the errors, mainly removing redundant tags one being if I remember correctly contact- and a couple of rogue texture.txt files that didn't need to be there if there isn't a texture just delete it.

The NG16's are rather prone to crashing though. Seems 2010 and TS12 don't like the way they are set up as three locos, chucks out loads of errors in jetlog.txt about missing animations for dummy bogey for the body....... which obviously doesn't have any as it's a dummy, working on that to see if I can find a way round the problem.

I've made some replacement bogies for Kevins low track items, coaches and wagons to bring them up to the same track level as all the others then I found out you can use the position tag and the main mesh or the bogeys to raise it. So I used that on the Loco's.

Code:
position            0,0,0.07
on the Beyer garrats bogeys, just put it in the mesh table. it's round about the same for the low track Englands and the Fairlies came out at 0,0,0.05

2090 I'm not sure what's happened to that as its no longer being used and 2020 was converted to service car 2011 so no longer exists. Just got to add the logos to the ones that haven't got them yet.

Last edited:
You coaches are looking great clam, cant wait for the downloads and more screenshots.

Also, as this is about the WHR, it seems relivant, has/is anyone made/making any of the following;

WHR No 8 Castell Caernarfon
Heres Gelert
133 and 134 ng 15's
Welsh Highland Railway Pullman Carriage 'Glaslyn'

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

no castle Caernarfon, school hater was making one one could be made using kevmts bogeys possibly??
gelert needs making clam may give it a go?? but i thinks hes busy with other things atm.
speak to paulz trainz about ng15s as he has made them he could add bits for the tender on 134.
and clams tackling the carriages and it will be done when done.
Thanks clam for the info on the updates i will do them on the carriages but il reskin the 2009 version of the ng16 on sirgibbys website to the current liverys for my own use and i will attempt to do the k1s curret livery as well and if they are any good il contact the creators for permision to release them.

Back