Amtrak Surfliner Cab Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

funforme3

Modeler at Pacific Trainz
I have see the try's and fails of the people trying to make the surfliner cab car. I have decided to try and make the surfliner cab car using Gmax. I have never used Gmax to make any thing but I have tryed. what would help is if any one could get ahold of some Superliner Gmax files. Then from there I will add detail and textures. I have been studying about the surfliner and what it looks like from the inside I have even rode on it (it was FUN!!!!!!). Anyway if you want to help or send me that Gmax file E-mail the file to my email listed below and say you want to help on this form by posting a comment. I will send you an E-mail of what Im doing and ask what you would like to help on it.
Sincerely,
Funforme3

traindude101@sbcglobal.net

I can send you my Superliner base model that I have been using for my project. Its basically a fully fledged Superliner body, but blank.

It was for my now stalled Superliner project, should be easy for you to cut away at the body, adding windows and such

Ill send it to you tomorrow morning when I get up, got to do a little work first, clear some unneeded stuff off the model

Thanks

Thank you that is exactly what I needed because haves any one noticed the wheel slots in the surfliner they are cut from the end to a curve to the ground HERE IS A PIC: This is what I'm using for referince.
amtk6903_011017.jpg

lights, Trucks, and Sounds

This project is starting to come along but one important thing needed for the car is Lights W/ Ditch lights, a set of great trucks, and the Horn and bell sounds for the surfliner car. If anyone can get the sounds post a comment on this Thread.

Oh yah

yah I know I have no clue what to do I still need Klinger to send me that file! Than I can see what to do.

Didn't there use to be surfliner cars and the cab car on the DLS sometime ago or what?:confused:

Yes the Cars but now the cab car

Actualy yes there are repaints of the Superliner cars in to the Surfliner cars but they don't have on there the Surfliner cab car thats what I'm making. Any how..... the Surfliners on the DLS is not acurate.

Pictures

Can some one get me some pictures of the Front, Right, Left sides of the surfliner cab car:confused: I need them as refrince.

Window mistake

I have already made a mistake:'( , the windows where soposed to be cerved but I forgot so now there in a box. I will fix the mistake latter on after I finnish most of the car.

PS. can someone post on this Thread how to make the curved windows?

Gmax Help

I have some questions for Gmax users.

1. How do you make rounded edge windoes?
2. How do you make the working lights and ditchlights?
3. How do you make it so that you can select a modle area and work on it because on the modle that I was given I can't move or change any parts of the car unless it was made by me.
4. How to make a Cupler?

Post on this thread to help me and finnish the Surfliner Cab Car.:D

Last edited:
I have some questions for Gmax users.

1. How do you make rounded edge windoes?
2. How do you make the working lights and ditchlights?
3. How do you make it so that you can select a modle area and work on it because on the modle that I was given I can't move or change any parts of the car unless it was made by me.
4. How to make a Cupler?

Post on this thread to help me and finnish the Surfliner Cab Car.:D

1. that one I don't know
2. All lights, trucks, passengers, and doors are handled via attachment points, or points.
3. Right click on it, and convert the model to an editable mesh.
4. I can send you one thats the proper size and height, and you simply use file>merge and select the coupler and then place it.

Pics of the modle?

How do you take Pictures of the Gmax modle so I can show you what I have done to it.:confused:

Need people

I still need people to help with this project. I need people to help work on......
1. Interier
2. Lights
3. Windoes
4. and a Coupler that is the right size

Last edited:
its all a learning process, you really need to figure it out for yourself if you want to create content

its all a learning process, you really need to figure it out for yourself if you want to create content

I couldnt agree more, ive spent a few months trying to learn it on the weekends and my method of choice is to make different structures and models to practice different modeling techniques.

cheers

Last edited:
Yah you're right

You know I think that would help and also more totrials on how to make diffrent thing's like what Im looking for. Then I could actualy make that part.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back