I'm leaving trainz for a while

I never understood the emo'ness of these kinds of posts :)
People announicng on flightsim/railsim/warcraft etc forums that they are "leaving for a while". I have even seen it on photography forums...

If you need to "leave" then you were to attached to your pc in the first place. A balanced life of doing everything, including some exercise (walk that poor doggy for a change) will avoid this kind of thing.

And yes, I just joined Trainz, and my route is 5% completed, so HELLO EVERYONE ILL BE HERE for while.

PS: We don't thank the creators, but we appreciate them. I hope they know that.

"PS: We don't thank the creators, but we appreciate them. I hope they know that."

No they don't. Without any feedback, they have NO idea if someone enjoyed their work or not. All it takes is a few keys to be pressed, and the guy who has spent hours creating something for the benefit of others can get a bit of nice feedback. I hope you understand that.

Johnda

You are so right. A case in point, I have your your "Boston to Portland" on my 2009 and have reworked it for my own pleasure many times in 2004, 2006,and TC 1&2.

So many thanks for many hours of pleasure.

Cheers.

I never understood the emo'ness of these kinds of posts :)
People announicng on flightsim/railsim/warcraft etc forums that they are "leaving for a while". I have even seen it on photography forums...

I'm with you on that one. I certainly don't want to know, nor do I care if you need to "sort yourself out". This is a forum for Trainz rather than a self-help forum. Yes, I'm a cold hearted b******.

True, if I was to thank the content creators for every asset I used, it wouldn't give me much time to use the assets. I always post a thanks if I have received any specific help or had contact with the content creator. Just hope that I don't take on a V-GEResque persona and want to join with the creator. Gaaaaaah, pesky carbon-based units...

OK so we get a lot of these "I'm leaving" threads. Some even do it just to start a thread of pity so they get a bit of attention, (sad and pathetic). But the OP of this thread has given us a reason for it.

At least he had the guts to admit he had done something wrong and has apologised to those he "robbed".

Good luck to you Tom and don't stay away to long. You may have been young and foolish but at least you have learnt something.....HONESTY.

It'll do you good to get away from the game and do something ells for a while as this game has the tendency to get you into a rut, how many here can honestly say that they haven’t found them selves at the computer fast asleep while playing this thing it's like a drug it becomes addictive. :eek:

I go through fits and phases with the program too. Instead of bulding, which I'm doing now, I'll stay away and do something else. A return later on, especially when the weather turns nasty again, will be a refreshing change.

During this time of year, I go out biking and hiking and use the time to think and get some ideas for my route building. My trip across the midwest and south recently gave me some ideas for new routes, and some plans for additions to my current route.

The thing is this program is very addicting and can drag you right into the frey. There are many evenings when I've gone to bed well after the 2:00 am timeframe because I was caught up in Trainz somehow either surveying, and working on the "one last thing", or driving and enjoying the action.

John

The thing is this program is very addicting and can drag you right into the frey. There are many evenings when I've gone to bed well after the 2:00 am timeframe because I was caught up in Trainz somehow either surveying, and working on the "one last thing", or driving and enjoying the action.

John

Like Pavlov's dog, through repetition, I have learned that to avoid my wife applying a frying pan to the back of my head, I should retire at a reasonable hour.

rather then leaving trainz,, just stay away from the forums

I mean really, is there a need to start drama by posting that your leaving and why? are you looking for attention. I play enough online games to know that these kinds of posts are just so that you can get people to say "oh don't go, we would miss you"

Just vanish quietly, thats the best thing to do, come back to the forums when your ready, no need to make a big deal out of it.

I vanished a few times, no one cared including me, had other stuff on my mind, came back, and got right back to work. No need to create a thread to attract excess internet drama. Its just plain silly, so can we just lock this thread and move one?

[/soapbox rant]

Must say pfx has a point! I tend to batter away for hours then have to leave Trainz building for a day or two as a break then back again. Can be addictive. reminds me of a similar situ when I was younger and a very active Lieut in the Boys' Brigade and a girlfriend gave me an ultimatum it or her. So I picked up my glengarry.......

A friend had a worse scenario expect an engagement ring. Priorities a bit mixed. She, well left him! Pfx should always ensure the frying pan is used for it's original purpose and wisely in true Trainz style, retreat.

My problem is, me and my girlfriend both, are pc/game nuts, so there is no one to apply a die cast cooking utensil to the back of my head...
I suppose this kinda relates to the "burnt out" thread create by lynne :)

I have a bone to pick with you.

We do thank content creators. They make models for us to download and use for free (with exception of payware and donationware). We thank them to let them know that we appreciate their contribution, and the time and effort they put into it. Without content creators, we wouldn't obviously have as much to download and use on our routes and layouts.

Capisce?

Last edited:
Just wanted to clear up the 'stealing content' mess - What Tom has been doing is taking parts off other people's meshes and using them in his models. I decided I should convince him to take a break and start afresh.

Chris :wave:

I mean really, is there a need to start drama by posting that your leaving and why? are you looking for attention. I play enough online games to know that these kinds of posts are just so that you can get people to say "oh don't go, we would miss you"

Just vanish quietly, thats the best thing to do, come back to the forums when your ready, no need to make a big deal out of it.

I vanished a few times, no one cared including me, had other stuff on my mind, came back, and got right back to work. No need to create a thread to attract excess internet drama. Its just plain silly, so can we just lock this thread and move one?

[/soapbox rant]

Agreed 1 trillion %!!!

Ish

Just wanted to clear up the 'stealing content' mess - What Tom has been doing is taking parts off other people's meshes and using them in his models. I decided I should convince him to take a break and start afresh.

Chris :wave:

Sound advice from some-one so young. A least there are a few young uns, with some decency left in the world.

So long, schoolhater,

I hope you come back some day. I also hope you come back with a degree under your belt, a great job, and a loving family.:wave:

[/soapbox rant]
Although I had no idea what schoolhater really did while I wasnt a member on the form yet at the time, I do agree with you Klinger. Sometimes its best to stay away and keep quiet for a while. :eek: :) ;) :)

Back