Download Troubles

Iced8383

I got TRS2004 working, but now I can't open any .cdp files because Windows 7 says that Trainz is not installed on this system, but it is! Is there a solution for the problem?

I'm downloading from another site, not the DLS. The problem is that Content Dispatcher doesn't think I have Trainz 2004 installed, which I do have it installed.

This may sound like a stupid question, but why do you think Content Dispatcher does not think you have 2004 installed?

What does Content Dispatcher say to tell you this ??

This is something I am curious about as I may have an answer but I am not sure. I have something similar but until I know what your seeing I will not know if its the same problem.

I'll wait for your further post.

Oh and yes I am talking about 2004 and Windows 7.

Craig
:):):)

When I make an attempt at opening the file, content dispatcher just says,

"Trainz is not installed on this machine.

Please install Trainz."

Or something along the lines of that.

Ok thanks Ice, my problem is different. It opens and extracts the CDP but 2004 can not "see" the content. The folders get "locked" somehow and I am trying to find out how to unlock them, or if anyone else has seen this "problem".

I am not sure about your problem though, I just installed 2004 on a new computer, then told it that CDP files are opened with Content Dispatcher. Did you install TRS2004 as Administrator? That could be the answer.

Craig
:):):)

Back