CB&Q 4-8-4s

zues

Night owl Railroader
http://photoswest.org/cgi-bin/imager?00003969+OP-3969
this was a CB&Q 4-8-4 in her hayday. I plan on building this engine. it maybe very hard but well all got to start somewhere. I just tend to take the hard way. :hehe:
ok. I am in need of plans for this loco. once I get some progress going. I will make a thread in the freeware forum. I know there is alot out there that would like this engine. but like I said I need plans first. so could you please help me?
Thanks for your time.

Austin :wave:

this one was not the only one,5632 was also on that railroad's roster,that was owned by Dick Jensen who later passed away and to this day,I still don't get and the locomotive thats at colorado,and now that I think about him,there was still alot of controversy going around on the horrendous scrapping of a nickel plate 2-8-2, GTW 4-6-2 #5629 and believe it or not a CB&Q 4-8-4 northern #5632 which belonged to the IRM prior to Metra's take over which was due to storage problems and the costs to move the locomotives to their property!:(

Last edited:
Must we always be so negative?

There are four surviving CB&Q Northerns: http://steamlocomotive.com/lists/search.php?str=CB&Q+4-8-4&country=USA

Though 5632 being scrapped was saddening in a preservation sense, it wasn't quite a blow in a historical sense.

I salute you, zues. Good luck for showing inititive one of America's most impressive 4-8-4s

nah,I wasn't being negative,I was just still shocked on how this had happened and if I was,sorry about that and I agree with you especially with these great engines!;)

Last edited:
Austin, why didn't you ask me XD

8231.1250903445.jpg

2227.1230978006.jpg

9218.1209644671.jpg

1733.1220156376.jpg

Email the Colorado Railroad Museum, they may have a set of plans for 5629.

If that does not work, I can check with Phil and in the Library next time I go up, but I don't know when that will be, so no promises.

Email the Colorado Railroad Museum, they may have a set of plans for 5629.

If that does not work, I can check with Phil and in the Library next time I go up, but I don't know when that will be, so no promises.
Thanks klinger. the plans if I can get them from there will help alot.

Has anyone noticed that there used to be a CB&Q 5632 & a GTW 5629, and now there's a CB&Q 5629 & GTW 5632?

Has anyone noticed that there used to be a CB&Q 5632 & a GTW 5629, and now there's a CB&Q 5629 & GTW 5632?

Yes,but these 2 steamers that were mentioned in my post were owned by Dick Jensen before the uncalled for scrappings of these engines and him passing away!;)

Zues: This is probably is the most coveted engine(s) for me..It reminds me so much when I was a little kid..I used to live in Red Oak, Iowa, And I would go down to the train station with my Dad..Watch these big Babies rush through..I Loved those engines then and I love them now..I hope you have good luck with these..

Zues: This is probably is the most coveted engine(s) for me..It reminds me so much when I was a little kid..I used to live in Red Oak, Iowa, And I would go down to the train station with my Dad..Watch these big Babies rush through..I Loved those engines then and I love them now..I hope you have good luck with these..
well It will be my first. and I think I need better drawings sorry. I asked the CRM for drawings.

Zues: I was just reading about the #5632 & #4960..The book was from Mile Post Publishing..They said in the avertisement that they had drawings of those two engines..You might want look at that..

Back