No .gmax file save option for gmax installation on new laptop

Transportfan

...the sign man
I installed gmax on my new laptop, but the only option given was a ".P3D" type when I tried to export the files. Also, the gmax files in one folder (but not all) of such files was shown as having missing map files, even though they are in my documents.

Also, use the 'save' option for saving to .gmax files. Export is only for saving other formats. As Whitepass says, you will need the Trainz CCS installed before .im will appear in this option.

Paul

The problem is still happening. Even after installing TACS, when I export the .IM file it shows in my documents as being an unreadable file (and won't show the CMP in the list of "Open With" programs, even though other .IM's from my old PC show the CDP icon. And some gmax files won't show the textures at all, even though the .tga's are present on my PC and show an error when I try to save them after manualy applying the tga's.

This damn new laptop is giving me a S%&#load of problems. Most of the files I save don't "connect" with their respective programs.

The problem is still happening. Even after installing TACS, when I export the .IM file it shows in my documents as being an unreadable file (and won't show the CMP in the list of "Open With" programs, even though other .IM's from my old PC show the CDP icon.
Of course you can't open a *.im with any program. You've made an *.im file, not a *.cdp that you can import into Trainz (not that you need to do that anyway). How about reading some tutorials?

Paul

Never mind the tutorials, how about reading the manuals? But then, who reads manuals any more, jump right in, muck about and then complain that nothing works, it's ... , etc.:hehe:

Oops! I forgot; an .im doesn't show in your documents files as a .cdp, you have to place it in an object folder within an existing .cdp first. Frustrations with new computer problems must be clouding my judgment.

But the textures not showing on the models when the .tga's are in your documents, having to apply them manually, and then getting a popup; "Error Writing To File" when trying to save the changes, means that something is actually wrong.

Back