Metrolink Valley Sub (Southern California Route)

btvfd

W.I.P.

Hello all:

I am currently building in Trainz 2009, the route from Downtown Los Angeles Ca.to the north end of the Santa Clarita Valley and the west to Canoga Park.

This is a joint operated section that is currently used by AMTRAK, METROLINK and the UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD.

Since I grew up, live and work around this area, I thought it would make a great add on to the game.

I will be including all of the sidings and stations past and present so that it can be run pre 1990's as well I will also be installing all of the detectors along the line also.

Any comments will be welcome.

Hope to hear from anyone about this project.

Thank you
:)
Pic's of route at http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j348/btvfd/

Last edited:
Sorry this is a bit OT, but maverickmc, i believe your sig under your post is FAR too tall, check that it goes along with the CoC :)

Thanks

Meyshollop

Metrolink

I have had to take a break from the route due to working long hours at my job.

Let me see if i can upload some pic's.

I've found that the route uses a combo of Safetran, Norlina, UP and Safetran "C" type signals. Now just as I thought thing's were going good,the City of Los Angeles and Metrolink are starting to upgrade the traffic signals at all of the grade crossings but thats not a problem, just takes time to adjust them.

The real challenge will be for the Metrolink trains since nobody has made them for Trainz, the only ones I found are for MS train sim.

Jim

I think yukonzoom is going to do the metrolink F59PHI but i am not sure and someone is building bombardier bi level cars at trainz commuter rail

I have had to take a break from the route due to working long hours at my job.

Let me see if i can upload some pic's.

I've found that the route uses a combo of Safetran, Norlina, UP and Safetran "C" type signals. Now just as I thought thing's were going good,the City of Los Angeles and Metrolink are starting to upgrade the traffic signals at all of the grade crossings but thats not a problem, just takes time to adjust them.

The real challenge will be for the Metrolink trains since nobody has made them for Trainz, the only ones I found are for MS train sim.

Jim

Three Metrolink F59PHI's are now available on my website.

metrolink coach/cab car

Hi,:D

i have a metrolink coach car and im currently working on a cab car, i started 2 months ago but it was too hard then i decided to just finish it off. i would've released it but it has a faulty its probably the shadow. and im not 100% sure if the colour is the same. i left outlines so if i get a change, it can change. it was my first reskin so im not that good, i'll post pics later.

Metrolink Screenshots

apl16_20100814_0021.jpg

Metrolinkthumbnail.jpg

apl16_20100814_0020.jpg

I'm new to the program and founds this thread while looking to see what people had done for the Southern California area. You're right that the colors are a little off. Since I was passing through Union Station today, after seeing this thread last night, I took a picture of a Metrolink train while I was waiting for the Gold Line:

metrolink.jpg

metrolink

yep the purple is much darker in real life.

now the problem is Metrolink has a whole new paint job in the works as well as new cab cars.

the route i am working on is coming along slowly , the amount of buildings and factories that must be added gets overwelming at times becuse not everything has an english translation as to what the item is.
sure there are thumbnails but i have over 180,000 items of content on my computer and the search mode dosen't have translation mode, so i have to take breaks from the route so i don't get burned out on it.

now here's a dumb question: how do i add pictures to my posts and replies?

the only way i can show pisc is to email them directly to anyone who asks for them.

thanks for any help

metrolink cars

the problem might not be shadows, it's a numbering system that the original file has in trainz 2009. the numbering system files must be deleated in content creator in order to be faulty free in 2009, you must open the file under edit the select content creator, once opened the errors will show up at the bottom of the screen. after the files are removed, the error will go away, then you simply hit save and whaa la your done. now exit back to the main screen and save to ccpd file so you don't loose your work file.
put it in a file that you can later work with.

if you did it for 2006 then i don't think the error message will show up.

remember you can make something in an older version of trainz and use it on the newer software but not the other way around.

would love to have a copy of the file to test it out on the route.

thanks
jim

Looking forward to this one, as I live near the Van Nuys station. I was thinking of doing the route to Moorpark, but I got cold feet after the Chatsworth accident.

Mick Berg.

Metrolink Valley Sub (Southern California Route)

Hi Mick
I am doing the route before the take over by UP and Metrolink circa 1985.
Every siding up till then is going to be included.
All signals are searchlight type and the mission tower trackage is redone as it appeared in 1950's i.e. dual tracks across the LA river to Alhambra
Actually it is a lot bigger now.
Gemco yard,Filmore,Piru,Saugus,Newhall,San Fernando,Sunland,Burbank,Chandler branch,Bob Hope airport,Van Nuys,Glendale,Talor yard,The Bull ring,River sub,LATC,Pasadena sub,
Mission sub and more.

I just need to put in about 1000 or so buildings and the Tylor yard shops to complete it.
Jim

Back