How much operation is too much?

Greg_Hargreaves

<Insert Creative Title>
I can't decide on a plan for how much route to build. I want prototypical operation: full length trains, yard switching, local way-freights, "real time" timetable, etc. But I also want a large route (at least 75 miles of mainline run). Essentailly I what I want is my own complete subdivision, where I am subdivision-superintendent-dispatcher-switch master person. :cool:

I get a plan going and I say "it's too much to handle". The reason for this thought is driver management. After you add two yard switchers, two or three local switch jobs, a transfer to another yard, and a series of mainline trains (25% of which terminate at your route's main yard) it starts seeming like it's a lot to monitor. :eek:

So I ask this to those who operate large routes: How much is too much when it comes to prototypical opertion? :confused:

Last edited:
Possible Solution

One idea would be to buy Rail Driver. It's expensive, but with this hardware, you can quickly switch between your trains and change orders on the fly. I saw and used it at a traveling Auran demostraion about a week ago and will be ordering mine Friday.

Back