Removal Of Junction Numbers On Screen In Driver Mode

km1961

Content & Picture DVD
Hi Can anyone help me please. I have created a layout with various points / track switches. I would like to remove the wording from the Junction points (i.e Junction 156 etc) as it is displayed on screen when I run in driver mode.

How is the wording removed so that I can play in driver mode without the Junction name and number on screen

Thanks in advance

Hello km1961, welcome to the forum.

There's a button at the top of the screen in the menu bar that says something like 'on screen help on/off'. Just click that.

Ryan

In driver the buttons top left, one is on screen help. Toggle that off and your done.

Hi Thank you for your quick replies. I have just found another way to do it. When you create a layout you can click the question mark on the junction then press the space bar twice. The junction name and number is gone

The junctions NEED names for the AI to run properly. To hide the names in Driver quickest way is Ctrl+H

Andy :)

Hi Thank you for your quick replies. I have just found another way to do it. When you create a layout you can click the question mark on the junction then press the space bar twice. The junction name and number is gone

But if a train is waiting clearance how will you find the correct junction if they are not numbered/named?

The junctions NEED names for the AI to run properly. To hide the names in Driver quickest way is Ctrl+H

Andy :)

I re-named ALL my junctions the least obtrusive, same symbol: `

I never have problems with AI, as it does not follow junction names ... Maybe this is a T:ANE thing ?

Last edited:
Just be aware that, if you name all of your junctions (or signals) to the same thing, e.g. ";", then you won't be able to use Interlocking Towers or some other path setting rules. These need unique names for all path objects. Not a problem if you do not intend using those features.

Back