Disappearing Buildings

railsong

Well here I am again with another question. I am working on laying out a route, and am using some industries on it. I was inserting grain elevator 1 <kuid2:87145:28069:1>, and Bucknall's Flour Mill <kuid:225064:4010950> in surveyor. When I go from surveyor to quick drive both of these buildings were not there. I thought maybe it had something to do with the route layer or the session layer as when I first placed them the properties said it was a route layer. I then changed it to session layer and saved. When I went to drive mode they just weren't there. Any ideas of what is happening to the buildings? I am using TS2010EE trainz edition. I am using multiple industry new tracks for the industries, which are working fine. Any help will be appreciated...Thanks...
Mel:(

I know that <kuid2:87145:28069:1> was built for TRS2004 and tested in TRS2006, but not TS2010. You may have to turn on compatibility mode to use it in TS2010.

You will have this problem with much of the content made prior to the release of TS2009.

:) Thanks tlanders, I will try and run TS2010 in compatability mode and see if that solves the problem. It says that this mode may cause a performance hit in running, so I just haven't used it. I think there is a way to search for contents written for TS2009 and later in the DLS, but I don't know how to do it. Could you give me instructions on how to search for later contents? I am having a hard time finding content for Flour Mills and Grain Elevators. They seem to be in short supply. The Flour Mill 1 that came with the installed TS2010 has the lean-to that you drive under to load and unload is too small and the loco and rolling stock won't fit under it. Thanks a lot, I will try compatability mode and see it makes a difference.....
Mel

Thanks again tlanders, I am running in compatibility mode now and the buildings are staying put. I sure appreciate this forum, as I have got a lot of help from it. See Ya.....
Mel:)

As I am new to Trainz I am kind of confused about the different terms as the layout or session. When I am editing my route I add different assets, etc. and before I go into quick drive to test out the additions I save in the dialog boxes as Overwrite Existing Route and Overwrite Existing Session. It seems to me that this will save all additions, etc. I guess I spoke too soon about the compatibility mode, as it seemed to work a couple of times, then the next time I drove the session the flour mill had disapeared on me again. I am just trying to add some industrial buildings and pretend they are a flour mill. So far it is working. Could you give me some advice on the saving methods. I must be doing something wrong. Also on the DLS how do you search for things that are written for TS2010EE? :confused: Thanks.....
Mel

Back