For those experiencing issues with downloading using TDH/CM after the server transfer

Sorry guys to be the odd one out over the last page or so, but my problem has now all been fixed and I can download anything I want. I am using 2010 SP1 and my FCT is back to normal, so no problems.

Now I am not sure if this problem may be effecting some of you or its just something totally different but I have just noticed that I can not download from the actual DLS (I am not using 2010 or anything) using the FTP method. The FTP link on the normal DLS comes up with an error similar to this "550/restricted/ etc etc : no such file or Directory". So I have no idea if that may be causing anyone problems or not.

I opened this thread to throw in this new problem here for Zec and the team to look at as I thought it would be seen faster here. Then I see many still with similar problems while mine is solved, so I am not here to "brag" or anything or make anyone look silly because I was able to fix my problem and others can not fix theirs .... sorry if some see it that way.

Craig
:):):)

G'Day Zec, well got another screen shot, we have the FCT and it is searching for and finding the assets for the downloads also the advertisment banners are coming up, the only thing absent is the download. when it gets to the point that it would normally comence to download the activity in the connection icon in the task bar just stops and there seems to be no more comunication from your end but the PC sends out occasional flashes.

CMP2230310310.jpg

We really need to get this sorted, I have done 5 database rebuilds so far and OK there is more now than before but the important part besides the FCT is missing, the actual download.
Barrie

Good News

The DLS is now up and running on my computer
FCT is active and shows the correct Expiry Date
Download Speed is approx 150kbs
Thanks to all involved in correcting this very annoying problem

G'day peter1946, good to see you got things right, 150KBps was the speed I was getting before this. Just as a mater of interest what version of Trainz have you got?
Barrie

Well my FCT is working and speed has moved up a bit. I now download at between 350 - 400 KBps now. I never had a problem downloading.

If you are having trouble downloading with server full remember quite a few people have reset it by redoing their password in the options area of the Launcher.

Hello gremlin1812 I have TRS2004 & 2009 However I was using TRS2004.

Things have now changed It looks like I spoke to soon as the DLS is no longer working for me, is says its dowmloading but nothing happens I expect Auran are still working on it

ditto for me always 0.00 bit / s or installation or connection, despite everything that was advised to do, and 2 days of lost on the CTF.
When will this be permanently repaired it?.

I have Trainz 2004 and 2006 Sp1.

84 days left on my FCT....

No downloading happening for both my 2004 and the CMP on 2006.

Really miserable waiting. I can see by my firewall icon that no good connections are happening.

Today, I see the message "Connecting" forever... There are no real connections happening.

I will refrain from being either depressed or angry. Have a swell Day !!! :wave:

Bob P.

Zec,

It would appear that my problem with downloading directly from the DLS using the FTP method only applies to content dated March 31, 2010. I just downloaded something using FTP from some time ago and it worked fine.

This does not seem to have anything to do with the FCT problem as I am not using 2010 but may be related and it also seems to be since the work on the DLS servers.

Craig
:):):)

Hello Zec Murphy, and anyone else concerned.

I am having a similar problem to everyone else in this thread, only I am using TRS2006 Build 3092 with Windows 7. I DO NOT use a First Class Ticket (FCT).

My problem is thus:

I start Content Manager, and due to it being "Unable to register Trainz URL Registry Key", must wait up to five minutes for it to say that it "Cannot find my profile...." I set my Auran details, then Download Helper opens soon afterwards. On Windows XP this was instantaneous.

On downloading, the selected item to download will appear in the Download Helper window. Pressing "Start" at the bottom of this window, usually starting the download, does not work. The download bar that progressively fills with blue stays white, with a download speed of 0.00 bps. Occasionally, the download bar will fill completely, but the next item on the list will not begin downloading.

I have tried the solutions in post #1 of this thread, both to no avail.
I trust that Auran is working on a solution to this problem, and God's speed to them. In the meantime, I find it impossible to enhance my Trainz experience with some quality content from both third party sites and the Auran DLS.

Happy Trainzing, even without Content Manager;)
Scott.

Code:
Message: Reply from 216.239.59.105: bytes=32 time=42ms TTL=48
Message: Reply from 216.239.59.105: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=48
Message: Reply from 216.239.59.105: bytes=32 time=41ms TTL=48
Message: Reply from 216.239.59.105: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=48
Message:     Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=139ms TTL=40
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=146ms TTL=40
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=143ms TTL=40
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=148ms TTL=40
Message:     Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Hi All

I will report to the admin the continued problems with downloading.

We have been testing this from off-site from some of our own PC's, using a number of accounts from users reporting this issue, and have not been able to replicate it.

It's likely that Content Manager's cache has not yet been reset, and hence has not yet updated for the new servers. This was the reason why we have been suggesting that you wait 24 hours, since it can take Content Manager up to 24 hours to pick up on this.

I will speak to the admin when he gets in later this morning regarding this, so as to try and get this solved. However, it will still take some time, since, as described above, it may take 24 hours for us to find out if the fix has worked or not.

We do thank you for your patience on this issue.

"we have been suggesting that you wait 24 hours, since it can take Content Manager up to 24 hours to pick up on this."

G'Day Zec,
I may be reading this wrong but does this mean we should leave content manager on for 24 hrs so it can discover the changes??
Barrie

EDIT: - Zec, prior to this I was able to average 150KBps and had at times reached 220KBps that was pretty good I thought so I like some others think "if it aint broke dont fix it" the first effort you guys made was great better forum speed etc but you guys realy opened a can of worms here and as september is rapidly aproaching and we are loosing time on our FCT's it would seem this would have been better left till then.

Last edited:
"we have been suggesting that you wait 24 hours, since it can take Content Manager up to 24 hours to pick up on this."

G'Day Zec,
I may be reading this wrong but does this mean we should leave content manager on for 24 hrs so it can discover the changes??
Barrie

No, it just means that Content Manager only updates the FCT once per day. Hence, if it refreshed at (say) 10am today, then you will need to wait until 10am (or later) the next day for it to occur again. If you open CM at 11am, it will still refresh, as it is now after 24 hours since the last refresh.

Back