odd KUID

Joseph45f

Ok so im trying to get the december yard switching route installed and i ran across a missing dependency Unknown Location: <kuid:-1:8008>

I googled it and it looks like either a really old file or something that should be installed with the base files, but its missing. What am I doing wrong?

You haven't told us what version you are using. If you are using anything before TS2010 I can't help you, although you could try cloning/copying the route and then loading it and 'delete missing content'. You will see what is missing.

I could suggest that you could find a water texture, copy it and apply the -1:8008 kuid. That may not work in CMP or CM but it could work in TRS2004

Peter

Early built-in

Sounds like one of the early built-in assets. 2004 uses a lot of 1:xxxx kuids.
Snag is that they don't show in an Explorer listing.

Angela

The -1:8000 kuids in 09 are clouds so assume that one is as well. When opening the route change the sky appearance and that should replace the old sky that the route is looking for.

Hello,

I looked up the KUID in the old 2004 CCG and it is listed as Water1. I notice that both water1 and water2 were removed from 09. What you can try doing is clone the asset then edit the config.txt. Search for -1:8008 and change it to one of the following:
Rippling water,<kuid:-1:6351>
Rough water,<kuid:-1:6352>
Calm water,<kuid:-1:6353>
Glassy water,<kuid:-1:6354>

These are 2009 built-in assets and should work. If you know of a water texture that you would prefer to use, then enter that KUID instead. If you simply delete the KUID from the asset as per Narrowgauge's suggestion, you will notice somewhere on the map that a texture is missing (bluish colour with the yellow grid showing through).

Give it a try and see what happens.

Bricey

I'm very new to trainz (1 week) but I managed to figure out editing the configs of assets last night so I think I'll just substitute an 09 kuid. Thanks for all the help!

Bumping this very old thread because missing <kuid:-1:8008> is still a problem.

It is "Water1", not from TRS2004, but a built-in from Ultimate Trainz Collection, presumably locked away in one of the .ja files. I have UTC re-installed. Is there a way to extract this asset?

Bumping this very old thread because missing <kuid:-1:8008> is still a problem.

It is "Water1", not from TRS2004, but a built-in from Ultimate Trainz Collection, presumably locked away in one of the .ja files. I have UTC re-installed. Is there a way to extract this asset?

There's a JA extractor utility. It used to be on Trainz Romania (VVMM's website), but it's no longer there. He revised his website and there's a bunch of other stuff missing as well.

PM me your email, and I'll send it to you. I have it in a 7zip archive and it's only 42k

Download it from my One Drive here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkuzBzLIoTefgaldAKKl3p7PZY3RVA?e=xVkh34

It didn't work. The first few lines in the Hilfe file say that it's for .ja files in TRS2004. I need to open a UTC .ja file.

Oh. bummer. I thought all JA files were the same.

The alternative is to bring the JA into TS12 then you can search for the asset and export it.

You might have to rum Images2TGA on it afterwards to fix the .texture file thing.

Except I don't have TS12...

Can I bring it into TANE? If so, how?

Apart from open-for-edit assets, CM only imports .CDP and .CDP2, not .ja files doesn't it?

Last edited:
Back