trainz 42203 update

arose1228

I was in the middle of updating Trainz 2010 and my computer died. It shows that I am still running trainz version 41615. I try to reinstall the update but it fails to finish. Can any one help me please?:(

Unfortunately, you may need to re-install Trainz 2010 - due to the way patches work, the system needs to be on and working throughout the whole patch installation process otherwise one or more files can become corrupt/not matching the information required for the patch to work. (Also, there is a higher chance of Trainz causing fatal errors or even not loading at all if your system died before the 'Updating Trainz Database' stage)

I apologise if this is not what you were hoping for, but I've had failed patches before and had to re-install the program concerned.

Shane

Unfortunately, you may need to re-install Trainz 2010 - due to the way patches work, the system needs to be on and working throughout the whole patch installation process otherwise one or more files can become corrupt/not matching the information required for the patch to work. (Also, there is a higher chance of Trainz causing fatal errors or even not loading at all if your system died before the 'Updating Trainz Database' stage)

I apologise if this is not what you were hoping for, but I've had failed patches before and had to re-install the program concerned.

Shane

Thanks for the tip. I am dreading reinstalling trainz 2010.

I have re installed trainz 2010 and updated to service pack 2. My databases are showing that most of my content is invalid and in red text when working on my route. Any suggestions other than extended database repair and reinstalling trainz 2010 for a second time in one day.

I have re installed trainz 2010 and updated to service pack 2. My databases are showing that most of my content is invalid and in red text when working on my route. Any suggestions other than extended database repair and reinstalling trainz 2010 for a second time in one day.

Did you back up all your content to another folder? You can just re-import if you did. I actually did a full uninstall, then a reinstall of TS2010, then applied SP1 and then SP2. Finally I re-imported the content and did a few EDRs for good measure. All in all, it runs well, though I do believe I am getting slower framerates under SP2 than under the original, no-SP version.

No, I did not because I do not know what to backup. 99% of the affected content is original content supplied with trainz 2010.

Last edited:
No, I did not because I do not know what to backup. 99% of the affected content is original content supplied with trainz 2010.

It's your C:\Program Files\Auran\TS2010\UserData\local directory. That is where most of your content will be, aside from the built-in stuff. In fact, you may be able to copy the entire userdata directory (which will include local and some other stuff like settings) but AFAIK I haven't seen anyone recommend this.

It's your C:\Program Files\Auran\TS2010\UserData\local directory. That is where most of your content will be, aside from the built-in stuff. In fact, you may be able to copy the entire userdata directory (which will include local and some other stuff like settings) but AFAIK I haven't seen anyone recommend this.

Thank you for the tip I am trying to revalidate my assets and see if that corrects the problem. Thanks again for the tip. After I revalidated my assets it seems to corrected the problem. But now I get a black screen for a minute then every thing comes back.

Last edited:
Back