Show your models!

simulatortrain

jointed freaking rails
I thought we should have a thread to show any train models you want to. Can be your whole collection, something new, or your favorite.

I'll start with a tank car I recently finished weathering. It's a Walthers car, done with chalks, oils, and acrylics, no airbrushing (it hadn't arrived yet.) Graffiti is done with an india ink marker. I replaced the couplers with Kadee SF shelf couplers with the trip pins removed. Eventually I'm converting all my HO stuff to Sergent couplers and semi-scale metal wheels and it'll look even better. This is the first car I've actually finished weathering.

GATX_90657_by_simulatortrain.jpg

That looks as good as your digital models. What's with the blue on the end cap of the roller bearing? I see that on freight cars all the time. New wheel set or something?

Latest aquisition

ceb874b4fd5d91732f9cd2e08a34bd21.jpg

My LGB Stainz Locomotive and Chiquita Bananen boxcar orphaned from a Train set that was issued in the 1970s and has long been discontinued.

And yes its surrounded by a lot of dissected/otherwise HO stuff. I have HO trackage on the floor in two loops where I've been running my HO and On30 equipment.

Carpet railways happen to be fun. :D

Great Modeling!

Wow! I could NOT tell that SimulatorTrain's model was not the prototype! If lginc's last 2 cars had been on a different background, I would have thought they were real, too. Great modeling, folks!

-- Russ

Here some things I have done to modify the On30 4-6-0. I have had to redo the whole cab.....way tooooooo inacurate for the locomotive. The throttle was so far back on the back head, the engineer couldn't get to it, and a lot of other things were modifyed to make it more prototypical with a Baldwin 4-6-0

Dustenspics022.jpg

Here some things I have done to modify the On30 4-6-0. I have had to redo the whole cab.....way tooooooo inacurate for the locomotive. The throttle was so far back on the back head, the engineer couldn't get to it, and a lot of other things were modifyed to make it more prototypical with a Baldwin 4-6-0

Dustenspics022.jpg

I wondered if you had one of these... :hehe:

My old MDC HO shay that looks much better than it runs. Background was photoshopped in (still trying to perfect this technique). Good thread idea, lot of nice models from everyone.

24498_1273966173293_1354103893_2068602_7067943_n.jpg

doodlebug :hehe:
IMG_2196.jpg

nice set of weathered cars and engine
IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

I personally would like to see a caboose in game with a figure attached as so, maybe can get off the car and perform a switching motion (pipedream)
IMG_5665.jpg

Back