Show your models!

Even when running on plastic raised roadbed Unitrack, on a rug ... It will gunk up the gearbox of a loco with rug fibers, hair, dust, dirt, dander ... etc ...

I guess I’ll give this a little bump…
I was recently handed down all of my recently-passed grandfather’s model trains. He basically bought whatever he could get his hands on… The pictures below are just a fraction of what he owned...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I recently bought this! It is a PRR L1s Mikado from Broadway Limited. Don't have 1 thing to run it yet, but will be getting a Digitrax Zepher Extra starter set eventually. I have no idea how much eventually it will take though...
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Some more pictures…

I now own two SP GS-4s. I initially bought SP 4446 (back), and I’ve now received SP 4449 (front) from my grandfather’s collection.
image.jpg

Some other miscellaneous sets...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A HO scale AN Class locomotive by Auscision Models. Roughly an Australian SD60... and also my forum avatar.

A Trainz model of this is available on the DLS by vinnybarb

Hmmmm... A thread on model trains... let me see here:

BTTF-Ho-scale-model.jpg

Ordered the original model from Germany and stuck some n scale wheels on Gandy Dancer axles, threw them under the car, and here we are.
And yes, I am currently working on the locomotive. I will be using the Tyco 4-6-0 until I have the time and money to scratch build the locomotive.

modelrail coop trainzim

.. amazing job, horacefithers ..

i'm not so realistic (i wish i could be ..), but have my diorama's just in my workspace: trainzim as a animated background on 2 screens (3rd screen in pageview for contentmanager, manuals, docs, excels ...)
.. simconsists simulating loading and unloading .. normalgauge (h0) for supply and disposal .. narrowgauge as a local distribution network for the components ..

modelrail-coop-trainzim.jpg

modelrail-coop-trainzim.jpg

My three little babies ...
100_6748.jpg

100_1674.jpg

DSC_1836_zpsidoijnos.jpg

at beginning of works
100_4076.jpg

P2170017.jpg

Yes, except wheels all is paper (and little parts of wire). Including pantographs

Models don't have motors.

I work on this three models nine months (all was handwork)

... and I have little big blue 'monster'

100_5666.jpg

100_5775.jpg

PA311222.jpg

Except wheels all is paper. Including bogies.Wagon have eight bogies with three axis, each bogey have more than 60 hand cutting parts. Wagon are long 60 cm, all hand made and not for sale.

Last year I start with works on HR-ZT Uaais
6PUHWsR.jpg

... and I'm just cut paper fot bogeis
tQlO9Nf.jpg

dHZIjZ9.jpg

because each bogey have five axle I must cut each bogey on two parts
RSRcglj.jpg

... and I'm now in little problem how that merge and that's reason why it's still pending

Just bought this, a BN ALCO C425. It's an old Stewart model with a Kato motor. Its missing a cab numeral but other than that it's in good shape.
IMG-20220116-105102-1.jpg

IMG-20220116-105040-1.jpg

IMG-20220116-105054-1.jpg

Just bought this, a BN ALCO C425. It's an old Stewart model with a Kato motor. Its missing a cab numeral but other than that it's in good shape.

I'd address the coupler situation before the number board - both look upside down (butting knuckles) and one is cut. I have the same thing in Atlas with a Kato motor #4280. The Stewart is definitely more detailed. A fairly scarce diesel, a "rehash" of the RS27, only 98 made for the US, 7 sold to the BN from SPSR, but neither of our numbers was registered with the BN. They never made it to BNSF, only 2400 hp, and too big to keep as a switcher.

Last edited:
Back