click clack

Many people have tried and inquired on how to do so. I am unsure if anyone has succeeded ? They sure are un-realistic rail joint sounds....aren't they ?

Last edited:
Squeel Track by Slavedriver on USLW site...but no clickity-clak exists.

I record sound effects from a RR CD, and edit them onto a cassete tape...and edit them to suit my route. YouTube also has some great sounds on their videos. You can record external sounds to a Trainz/Fraps video using a microphone.:cool:

Also a $ 65 MRC SoundStation 312 or a MRC Syncro Sound Generating Unit for model RR's is a great tool.

Click clack

As martinvk said put (- disablerailsound ) in your trainzoptions. There is a track sound made by razvan100 <kuid:59940:20879> also has about 25 tracks. @www.trainzro.com
Danny5

The RTS ( Romanian ) track sounds are excellent.

I have been trying to add the config.txt line from them for the sound.

To get them into other track types, but no luck.

IKB.

I have had trouble installing the rts tracks into 2009, has anyone else had this problem? It is the first time I have tried to install a archive so I am guessing I am doing something wrong. Thank yuo to anyone who can help.
Mike

Very interesting: I installed the Chinese tracks. They have excellent sound too. And now all my tracks have it! I did not have to do anything to the config files of existing tracks! On another note of this subject, there are some tracks with bridge sound, but it cancels the click-clak, and I use these bridges drumming noises in tunnels too (could not find any tunnel proper noises yet) Any ideas anyone?.

If you just add a short section of the RTS track to a route, joined to the network.

Then the sound is then picked up by the rest of the track.

Regardless of what track type the original was.

IKB.

This is probably something for the content creators forum, but how about assigning track sounds to rail joint a fixed track asset?

Simply place the track sound fixed track thingy every 39-40' or wherever else you want the track sounds to be. The object doesn't have to be very big - two joints connected to an invisible bar to keep them together. There would be two connecting circles on either side of them so the track could be attached to them. They could be made in various widths to acommadate different gauges, and could also double as track spacers for double track if someone wants to go that far.

The other thing too is any kind of track sound could be assigned to these rail joint objects such as switch frogs, bridges (like they have already), and crossings. This would eliminate the assigning of generic track clickety-clack sounds to the rails, which can be automatically welded. In the program its self, there would be no need to add extra tags in an option file because by default there would be no track sound. Today it's different because we have to compensate for the opposite, but in the future it could be the opposite.

I'm not an asset creator that can do something like this, but hopefully those that can might pick up on this idea.

John

Last edited:
Back