Thread: click clack

Arrow click clack

is there a way to change the "click clack".
    trainz 2009 & trainz 2006 demo

stop, look, listen, live my friends

Many people have tried and inquired on how to do so. I am unsure if anyone has succeeded ? They sure are un-realistic rail joint sounds....aren't they ?
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; March 21st, 2010 at 10:22 AM.

how did you know

i got a idea. what if some1 put a click clack sound on a track.

like bnsf50's flang squel sound

Squeel Track by Slavedriver on USLW site...but no clickity-clak exists.

I record sound effects from a RR CD, and edit them onto a cassete tape...and edit them to suit my route. YouTube also has some great sounds on their videos. You can record external sounds to a Trainz/Fraps video using a microphone.

Also a $ 65 MRC SoundStation 312 or a MRC Syncro Sound Generating Unit for model RR's is a great tool.

i dont know how to make sounds that show up on trainz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    Many people have tried and inquired on how to do so. I am unsure if anyone has succeeded ? They sure are un-realistic rail joint sounds....aren't they ?
    welded rail all the way
    -disablerailjointsound

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 114800 SP4, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Default what

??????????

Default Click clack

As martinvk said put (- disablerailsound ) in your trainzoptions. There is a track sound made by razvan100 <kuid:59940:20879> also has about 25 tracks. @www.trainzro.com
    Danny5
    TS-12 Build 61388
    Team Speak 24.34.133.237

I have had trouble installing the rts tracks into 2009, has anyone else had this problem? It is the first time I have tried to install a archive so I am guessing I am doing something wrong. Thank yuo to anyone who can help.
    Mike

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

Very interesting: I installed the Chinese tracks. They have excellent sound too. And now all my tracks have it! I did not have to do anything to the config files of existing tracks! On another note of this subject, there are some tracks with bridge sound, but it cancels the click-clak, and I use these bridges drumming noises in tunnels too (could not find any tunnel proper noises yet) Any ideas anyone?.

Default Clickity-Clack

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_vie...AssetID=163366

It would be nice if when laying rail splines every 40', that the railjoint sound be every 40', Clickity-Clack, like jointed rail (possibly a railjoint or fishplate sound effects incorporation).
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; June 30th, 2010 at 10:49 AM.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

This is probably something for the content creators forum, but how about assigning track sounds to rail joint a fixed track asset?

Simply place the track sound fixed track thingy every 39-40' or wherever else you want the track sounds to be. The object doesn't have to be very big - two joints connected to an invisible bar to keep them together. There would be two connecting circles on either side of them so the track could be attached to them. They could be made in various widths to acommadate different gauges, and could also double as track spacers for double track if someone wants to go that far.

The other thing too is any kind of track sound could be assigned to these rail joint objects such as switch frogs, bridges (like they have already), and crossings. This would eliminate the assigning of generic track clickety-clack sounds to the rails, which can be automatically welded. In the program its self, there would be no need to add extra tags in an option file because by default there would be no track sound. Today it's different because we have to compensate for the opposite, but in the future it could be the opposite.

I'm not an asset creator that can do something like this, but hopefully those that can might pick up on this idea.

John
    Last edited by JCitron; June 30th, 2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Forgot something...
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester